The first section appearing under your name and contact details in your resume, is the career objective. Its placement attaches additional value to the section and candidates are therefore advised to draft their resume objective very carefully, in an employer centered manner to grab the reader’s attention then and there. Here are some general tips to guide you on how to write an effective resume objective section:
• Give the reader a reason to keep reading: Mention the role you seek and relate your statement directly with the employers’ current search of the ideal candidate, thus giving them a reason to read the whole document.
• Optimize your objective: Just like other sections of a resume, the objective section also needs to be optimized. This can be attained by incorporating some relevant, powerful adjectives and key word packed phrases explaining your competencies and it will also make up for the lack of a profile summary.
• Effective Marketing is about the buyer, not seller: Last but not the least; if you want to sell your candidacy, you need to showcase what the buyer is interested in. Simply said, highlight the competencies that are in demand by the prospective employer.
Below are some clothing sales associate resume objective examples for further guidance in this regard.
• To attain a clothing sales associate position with the MERYL BOUTIQUE. Bringing proven customer service acumen along with expertise in merchandise display, customer assistance and cash drawer operation and balancing.
• Seeking a clothing sales position at The Garments Shop. Offers expertise in creating visually appealing displays, assisting the customers in merchandise selection, maintaining an updated knowledge pool regarding various product features and pricing.
• To acquire a clothing sales assistant position with the ABC Mart where skills in customer service delivery and merchandise display coupled with profound ability to stay updated regarding various article’s process and specifications could come in handy.
• Self-motivated, energetic and persuasive clothing sales associate seeking work with OUTFITTERS. Offering 5+ years of experience in upselling of merchandise, clientele expansion using referral base and swift and accurate payment processing. Track record of delivering first-rate customer service by demonstrating excellent work ethic and customer care protocols.
• Highly enthusiastic, customer-oriented and competent clothing sales associate looking for work in similar capacity with ZARMAN Apparel. Outgoing and team player with strong convincing power and versatile experience in apparel selling, floor management and merchandise stacking.