A cover letter for a sales associate resume is the core of your whole job application package. It introduces your traits, skills, accomplishments, and experiences to the prospective employer.
A good sales associate cover letter automatically generates the employer’s interest in viewing your complete job application package and interviewing you consequently.
Recruiters usually give a glance at the sales associate cover letter. When skimming through a cover letter, they examine if it is a generic letter or a personalized one explicitly targeting their needs.
They look closer to the job applications of candidates who have the enthusiasm to work for their company.
Therefore, mention your eagerness to work as a sales associate for a specific employer.
For instance, if they are looking for someone who is customer-focused, results-driven, and creative, then you ensure these traits are present in your cover letter.
Sales Associate Cover Letter Format
Use the pattern below to build a workable letter for sales associate resume:
- Mention the source where you heard about the position.
- State your keen interest in the prospective organization and praise its work.
- Demonstrate your skills and expertise relevant to the sales associate’s job description.
Body: Second and Third Paragraph(s)
- Relate your professional background with the sales associate position.
- Highlight your most relevant strengths to prove yourself a good match.
- Mention how your qualifications and experiences will help you meet the employer’s expectations.
- Repeat your enthusiasm to work as a Sales Associate for the prospective employer.
- Ask for an interview at a mutually convenient time.
- Tell them about your method of following-up on your application (Telephone or email).
- Say thanks to the hiring manager for their time and consideration.
Tip: Don’t forget to follow-up on your job application, as mentioned in the letter.
Cover Letter for Sales Associate – Sample 1
122 Coney Road
Brooklyn, NY 10656
boris @ email . com
June 20, 2020
Mr. Fred Brent
Senior Recruitment Manager
998 Dunedin Cove
Brooklyn, NY 17432
Dear Mr. Brent:
This letter and the attached resume is a strong expression of interest in the Sales Associate job at ABC Supermarket. My diverse background in customer service and sales arena makes me a perfect match for your needs. I stand poised to bring my skills and capabilities to your organization to contribute to your bottom line.
As noted on the enclosed resume, I am a career-oriented individual who has a profound ability to handle all aspects of the sales department. My expertise in engaging customers and delivering product information – so that their shopping experience becomes an adventure – is something that helped me increase sales of Hyatt by 50% during the last five years.
Besides, I possess sound judgment capability, which assists me in professionally addressing customers’ concerns. Furthermore, I am very competent at maintaining appropriate stock levels, presenting stock for promotions, and handling cash.
As an enthusiastic and results-driven Sales Associate, I’d like to meet with you in order to discuss this position in detail. I will call you next week to see if an interview could be arranged at the time of your convenience. If you have any questions, please contact me at (000) 333-5212.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sales Associate Sample Cover Letter 2
3110 Bingley Apt, Brooklyn, NY 54342
June 20, 2020
Mr. Daniel Harvey
577 Valley Lane
Brooklyn, NY 54342
Dear Mr. Harvey:
Your ad for the sales associate position at CitiTrends caught my attention since your job description perfectly complements my skills and work experience.
The following are some of my key accomplishments that speak of my candidacy as a sales associate:
- Simplified routine sales tasks which enhanced overall customer satisfaction at the allocated section by 50%.
- Rearranged merchandise optimally and labeled the shelves – which made shopping a lot easier for the customers.
- Upsold cosmetic products by developing and utilizing referral clientele.
- Implemented an electronic inventory mechanism that ensured the availability of stock on the shelves and enabled timely procurement requests to be sent.
My abilities in merchandise stocking and display, inventory management, floor maintenance, and cash handling, coupled with account management expertise, will be a great asset to your company.
I look forward to meeting with you soon, Mr. Harvey, to learn more about CitiTrends’ goals and how I might contribute to your success.
Thank you for your time and consideration.