As one of the most famous footwear companies in the United States of America, Foot Locker hires only the best when it comes to sales personnel.
In fact, a person hoping to work at Foot Locker will need to prove his or her mettle before the hiring process takes off.
Foot Locker Sales Associate Qualifications
Usually, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a sales associate at Foot Locker.
However, a degree in sales or marketing will go a long way in making you a good contender to hire.
Similarly, the company does hire people at the entry level, but prior experience is always welcome.
Working as a sales associate here will require you to know insights of the work. Good customer manner and the ability to provide information regarding footwear that one is selling is important.
What is even more so is the ability to actively seek out customers, and lead them through the purchasing process.
Furthermore, Foot Locker sales associates need to be pleasant so that they can reach out to even the most reluctant of customers. In essence, one needs to go the extra mile to drive sales and ensure repeat business opportunities.
Working as a sales associate at Foot Locker will require you to perform some or all of the duties mentioned here:
Foot Locker Sales Associate Job Description
• Greet customers as they arrive at the Foot Locker retail outlet
• Listen to customers intently in order to determine their specific buying needs and preferences.
• Direct customers to the aisles that hold their choice of products within the store.
• Assist in picking designs according to their preferences
• Acquire their shoes from storage areas.
• Provide support in trying on selected shoes while lacing them up properly for clients.
• Acquire feedback regarding comfort and design from customers
• Arrange for bigger or smaller sizes accordingly.
• Lead customers through the purchasing process.
• Process cash and credit card transactions.
• Pack purchases in boxes and bags
• Assist customers in taking their orders out to their cars.
• Create and maintain effective liaison with the staff.
• Stack display shelves according to protocols and procedures.
• Clean and maintain assigned shelves on a regular basis.
• Oversee the inventory of footwear.