Home Depot Sales Associate Job Description
Working as a sales associate for The Home Depot means that you will be in a constantly service-oriented mode. Helping customers who come into the store to fulfill their home furnishings and related needs will be your main work.
While working in this position, you will be doing everything that you can to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business opportunities.
Actively seeking out customers within the store and making sure that they are provided with the best of services will be the crux of your work. In addition to this, you will be given targets to follow that you will need to meet on a regular basis to be considered eligible for promotions and better prospects.
Here is a list of job duties that you will be performing in the role of a sales associate at The Home Depot:
Home Depot Sales Associate Duties & Responsibilities
• Greet customers as they enter the store and inquire into their purpose of visit
• Engage customers in conversation to determine their home furnishing and related requirements
• Lead customers to the right aisles and shelves and provide them with information on available products
• Demonstrate product features and benefits in a bid to assist customers in making informed buying decisions
• Suggestively sell additional items to complement purchases in a bid to meet sales goals
• Lead customers through the purchasing procedure by providing them with support at the cash tills
• Operate the POS system to process cash and credit and debit card transactions and tender change and receipts
• Arrange for deliveries to be made to customers’ offices or homes and ensure that proper follow up is maintained
• Proactively handle complaints and suggestions in a bid to ensure repeat business through customer satisfaction
• Keep the store neat and clean throughout the day
• Dust and arrange visual displays
• Process returns and exchanges according to company policies
• Handle conflicts in a proactive and positive manner
• Receive and display product shipments on store retail shelves or assigned areas
Home Depot Sales Associate Job Skills & Qualifications
A sales associate working at The Home Depot will need a high school diploma or a GED at the very least.
In addition to this, it is imperative for people working at this position to possess exceptional customer service skills, excellent communication abilities, and the capability of effectively reaching out to customers especially where complaints or conflicts are concerned.