A receptionist cover letter is a 1-page document that introduces you to the hiring managers and persuades them to read your attached resume.
In your cover letter, you should mention why you want to work for the prospective company and what you have to offer in terms of skills, experience, and knowledge.
How to Write a Professional Cover Letter for a Receptionist Position?
The following 8 tips will be useful to write a good cover letter:
- Include your current contact details such as an address, email, and contact number.
- Address your letter directly to the hiring manager by mentioning their name.
- Open the letter by mentioning the position title and your enthusiasm to work for a specific company.
- In the body of the receptionist cover letter, highlight your skills as a receptionist, relevant experiences, and receptionist accomplishments.
- Make a clear and concise single-page document.
- Use a plain font of 10-12 size.
- Proofread thrice for spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- Write a new cover letter for every employer because a tailored cover letter persuades the hiring manager to take a look at the attached resume.
Here are 2 excellent cover letter samples to guide you further.
Receptionist Job Cover Letter Sample 1
92 West Street
San Diego, CA 90783
October 23, 2022
Mr. John Smith
325 Some South Street
San Diego, CA 65217
Dear Mr. Smith:
As a top-performing receptionist with an 8-plus-year verifiable track record in managing busy front desks, I am eager to contribute to Apria Healthcare. Owing to my skills in providing exemplary customer service and performing secretarial tasks, I will be able to meet and exceed your expectations.
Through my hands-on experiences, I developed exceptional expertise in performing all kinds of reception tasks such as:
- Greeting and directing visitors, providing them with relevant information
- Answering telephone calls and walk-in inquiries
- Scheduling appointments
- Maintaining calendars
- Making travel arrangments
- Maintaining office records
Besides the competencies mentioned above, I offer excellent customer service, PABX management, and cash-handling skills. My previous employers recognized my ability to perform data entry and general record-keeping duties in a timely and accurate manner. The attached resume details my talents and qualifications as a receptionist.
I believe that my potential will help me excel as a Receptionist for Apria Healthcare and would welcome the chance to meet with you to discuss this in detail. I will contact your office next week to see whether you need additional information.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to meeting with you in the near future.
Receptionist Cover Letter Sample 2
340 Some Lane
Green Field, WI 53221
January 19, 2022
Mr. Jake Stuart
604 Jaguar Ave
Green Field, WI 53221
Dear Mr. Stuart:
This letter is a strong expression of interest in the Receptionist position at Intermountain Healthcare, as advertised on indeed.com. My 5+ years of experience as a receptionist, coupled with exceptional customer service and communication skills, make me a great contender.
Some of my professional strengths which directly relate to your needs include:
- Greeting walk-in customers and guiding them according to their needs
- Calendar and correspondence handling
- Appointments scheduling
- Taking and forwarding incoming calls
- Bills generation and payments processing
- Managing clerical tasks and electronic database systems efficiently while adhering to the client’s privacy and confidentiality laws
The attached resume further highlights my qualifications and achievements. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss my abilities and your specific requirements in detail.
Thank you in advance for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.