A receptionist cover letter is a 1-page document that introduces you to the hiring managers and persuades them to read your attached resume. It particularly addresses the needs of the prospective employer.
In your cover letter, you should mention why you want to work for the prospective company and what you have to offer in terms of skills, experience, and knowledge.
A cover letter for a receptionist position contains information about the applicant’s skills in managing the reception area, performing basic office administration tasks, and providing ongoing support to the staff.
How to Write a Professional Cover Letter for a Receptionist Position?
The following 8 tips will be useful to write a good cover letter:
- Include your current contact details such as an address, email, and contact number.
- Address your letter directly to the hiring manager by mentioning their name.
- Open the letter by mentioning the position title and your enthusiasm to work for a specific company.
- In the body of the receptionist cover letter, highlight your skills as a receptionist, relevant experiences, and receptionist accomplishments.
- Make a clear and concise single-page document.
- Use a plain font of 10-12 size.
- Proofread thrice for spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- Write a new cover letter for every employer because a tailored cover letter persuades the hiring manager to take a look at the attached resume.
Here are 3 excellent cover letter samples based on years of experience to guide you further.
Receptionist Cover Letter Sample 1
Experience: 15 Years
92 West Street
San Diego, CA 90783
January 7, 2023
Mr. John Smith
325 Some South Street
San Diego, CA 65217
Dear Mr. Smith:
As a top-performing receptionist with a 15-plus-year verifiable track record in managing busy front desks, I am eager to contribute to Apria Healthcare. Owing to my skills in providing exemplary customer service and performing secretarial tasks, I will be able to meet and exceed your expectations.
Through my hands-on experiences, I developed exceptional expertise in performing all kinds of reception tasks such as:
- Greeting and directing visitors, providing them with relevant information
- Answering telephone calls and walk-in inquiries
- Scheduling appointments
- Maintaining calendars
- Making travel arrangments
- Maintaining office records
Besides the competencies mentioned above, I offer excellent customer service, PABX management, and cash-handling skills. My previous employers recognized my ability to perform data entry and general record-keeping duties in a timely and accurate manner. The attached resume details my talents and qualifications as a receptionist.
I believe that my potential will help me excel as a Receptionist for Apria Healthcare and would welcome the chance to meet with you to discuss this in detail. I will contact your office next week to see whether you need additional information.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to meeting with you in the near future.
Receptionist Cover Letter Sample 2
Experience: 10+ Years
340 Some Lane
Green Field, WI 53221
January 7, 2023
Mr. Jake Stuart
604 Jaguar Ave
Green Field, WI 53221
Dear Mr. Stuart:
This letter is a strong expression of interest in the Receptionist position at Intermountain Healthcare, as advertised on indeed.com. My 10+ years of experience as a receptionist, coupled with exceptional customer service and communication skills, make me a great contender.
Some of my professional strengths which directly relate to your needs include:
- Greeting walk-in customers and guiding them according to their needs
- Calendar and correspondence handling
- Appointments scheduling
- Taking and forwarding incoming calls
- Bills generation and payments processing
- Managing clerical tasks and electronic database systems efficiently while adhering to the client’s privacy and confidentiality laws
The attached resume further highlights my qualifications and achievements. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss my abilities and your specific requirements in detail.
Thank you in advance for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Receptionist Cover Letter Sample 3
Experience: 5+ Years
701 Claiborne Street
Danville, VA 36281
jennifer @ email . com
January 7, 2023
Mr. Oliver Mater
123 Shore Drive
Danville, VA 13242
Dear Mr. Mater:
With my passion to bring perfection to the front desk and administrative work, I offer my services as a Receptionist for Trinity Group. As a highly motivated and punctual individual with an exceptional 5+ years’ track record, I am eager to contribute to your ongoing success.
As can be seen on the attached resume, I am proficient in managing day-to-day administrative and front-desk work. Specifically, I am very talented in:
- Handling multi-line telephone exchanges and routing phone calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greeting visitors in a very polite and friendly manner.
- Handling the visitor entry and security processes.
- Writing, sending, and receiving correspondence and emails.
- Working efficiently with co-workers to maintain a healthy team environment.
- Utilizing Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel to perform clerical and reception tasks.
Furthermore, I possess effective team-building skills and a high level of accuracy, which is the prime reason for my success as a receptionist. My employers commend my ability to work efficiently with customers and coworkers.
The attached resume details my relevant experience, accomplishments, and skills. I will call you after a few days to set up an interview date and will be available at (000) 625-2356 if you need more information.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
What to Include in the Cover Letter for Receptionist Job?
The following information should be included in a receptionist’s cover letter in order to make it attractive.
- A friendly and fun personality of the applicant
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle the multi-line phone system
- Customer service insight
- Ability to work collaboratively while working under pressure
- Microsoft Office and front desk applications