Receptionists make an essential part of any office. They are usually the first point of contact in an office for both visitors and customers. In essence, they are required to project a positive image of the company that they are representing.
Usually, they provide both front desk and administrative support to an office by taking telephone calls, providing information and responding to mail. In addition, they offer the very important service of scheduling appointments updating records which are the basic but critical needs of an office.
Receptionists are required to ensure that an office runs smoothly and are instrumental in managing the day to day operations in an efficient and timely manner.
The job responsibilities of a receptionist are particular to the industry that they are working in. For instance, a receptionist working in a doctor’s office will need to schedule appointments for patients.
Furthermore, they are expected to possess the knowledge of the industry that they are working in so that they can provide customized services following the company’s policies.
Being a receptionist needs hard work. This can be a great sense of achievement to people who perform it correctly.
Let us look at some examples of accomplishments that a receptionist may write in a receptionist resume when applying for a job.
Sample Accomplishments for a Receptionist Resume
• Redesigned the scheduling system for the office, thereupon ensuring accuracy in appointments.
• Reduced the company’s front desk expenses by $27000 per year by introducing cost-effective methods.
• Stayed under budget for supplies and equipment in the years 2017 and 2018 – hence, decreased operating cost by 40%.
• Participated in a rollercoaster project and added to the success considerably by explicitly providing clerical support.
• Integrated a complex system that took data from existing records to manage an error-free records system for the company.
• Reduced call processing time by one minute on average through the implementation of a quick and semi-automated call forwarding mechanism.
• Attained 99% customer satisfaction level based on the feedback forms for the year 2017.
• Fixed a problem in the photocopy machine, therefore, saved the company ‘s overhead expenditure by $1000.
• Ensured 100% availability of stationery supplies in the office by implementing a new inventory management system.
• Assisted in recruiting and training four new receptionists for newly opened branches of the chain.
• Fielded 200+ phone calls on a daily basis.
• Handled massive emails and postal correspondence with less than 1% error rate for three consecutive years.
• Updated the manual record files of all clients and then computerized the data by storing the same in an online customers’ database software.
• Saved 20% of the annual budget in 2014 by implementing cost-effective procedures.
• Reduced the running costs of reception desk by 40% through the initiation of ingenious cost-effective operational protocols.
• Filled in for the cashier for two consecutive months while also performing regular tasks.
• Attained a record of running the cash drawer in an error-free manner.
• Rescheduled an international conference with 200+ delegates in a highly organized and commendable way.
• Secured a productive 5-year contract with an international tour operator that led to a 20% decrease in problems.
• Implemented a swift and fully computerized appointment setting procedure that reduced reservation time by 5 minutes on average.