Modern resumes for receptionist position begin with a performance summary instead of a career objective.
Although an objective statement is handy for entry level and less experienced candidates, the professional summary is helpful for experienced candidates.
Impressive resumes focus on accomplishments rather than generic job description. Falling under the professional experience category, mention some of your professional accomplishments to show your potential. Write meaningful and relevant statements in bullet form.
Receptionist Resume Sample
|6744 Eva Ave|
Richmond, VA 43092
|[Email]||(005) 333-2222 – Cellular|
(006) 555-7777 – Residence
❖❖ RECEPTIONIST ❖❖
Determined and organized receptionist with extensive experience in front desk management, appointment scheduling, and correspondence handling. Exceptional analytical skills coupled with demonstrated ability to understand and follow prescribed reception protocols. Proficient in answering client queries and guiding them to respective departments. Familiar with standard office procedures and protocols.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Customer service||• Communication||• Phone calls management|
|• Fax handling||• Directing visitors||• Pick up/deliver mail|
|• Meetings preparation||• Files maintenance||• Correspondence preparation|
|• Inventory management||• Word-processing||• Executive support|
Grady Memorial Hospital, Richmond, VA | 2010 – Present
• Reduce hospital’s front desk expenses by 20% by identifying and implementing cost-effective procedures
• Introduce online appointments and patient communication platforms to facilitate appointment scheduling and quick refilling in case of appointment cancellations
• Greet patients and maintain the waiting area in a neat and clean order
• Route incoming visitors, phone calls and mail to respective departments
• Call patients to remind and confirm appointments if needed
• Inform and reschedule appointments in case of cancellation
Richmond Community Clinic, Richmond, VA | 2007 – 2010
• Issued a well-designed telephone directory covering 20+ departments along with extension numbers and doctor details
• Responded to phone calls and scheduled appointments
• Directed all calls to the required department
• Remained up to date regarding the availability of doctors and appointments
• Maintained patients’ data interface and kept it updated
ABC COLLEGE, Richmond, VA, 2007
Associate of Applied Science in Customer Service
Last updated on