A receptionist is responsible for providing front end customer service in addition to secretarial, clerical and administrative support to ensure that company’s front desk objectives are met in effective and efficient manner.
A resume for receptionist position contains a number of sections such as objective or profile, summary of qualifications, core competencies/areas of expertise, accomplishments, employment history, skills, education, and additional information.
The following phrases will help you write skills and experience section of a receptionist’s resume.
• Highly skilled in greeting visitors and directing them to the right person or department
• Well-versed in managing guests book and issuing security passes
• Hands-on experience in giving information to visitors and answering their questions
• Proven record of answering/forwarding calls and taking messages
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with phone and email inquiries
• Able to maintain an organized reception area
• Comprehensive knowledge of organizing reading material in the waiting area
• Greeted, assisted and directed guests, workers, visitors and the general public
• Answered all incoming calls and handled caller’s inquiries
• Provided office support services so as to ensure efficiency
• Responded to guests and public inquiries
• Received, directed and passed on telephone fax messages
• Directed employees, guests and general public to the right staff member
• Maintained a sufficient record of office supplies
• Provided word-processing and clerical support
•Typed and distributed correspondence
• Picked up and delivered the mail
• Maintained the common filing system and file all letters
• Coordinated the repair and maintenance of office supplies
• Provided administrative services to the office manager