Nanny Job Description
Nannies provide childcare services to infants and children at the employer’s home.
They take charge of infants, pre-schoolers, and school-going children in the absence of parents.
Usually, they work for nanny agencies or in private capacities.
Working parents often hire nannies when they are unable to look after their children at home.
If you are applying for a position as a nanny, then you need to see the following list of nanny duties.
These phrases will help you build a compelling resume accordingly.
See also: Nanny Resume Sample
Nanny Job Description for Resume
• Look after infants, toddlers, and school going children
• Help children with dressing and bathing
• Prepare meals and snacks
• Serve meals while helping children to eat
• Prepare formulas in keeping with germ-free standards
• Bottle-feed infants
• Wash and sterilize bottles
• Trim nails of infants and children
• Massage babies on a regular basis
• Provide CPR or First Aid in case of emergency
• Discipline children while overseeing their behavior
• Prepare children for school
• Pick and Drop children from and to school accordingly
• Provide necessary home-schooling
• Encourage social interaction
• Develop social skills in children
• Provide a stimulating learning environment
• Teach social as well as table manners
• Supervise activities of children
• Assist children to perform creative activities
• Storytelling in order help children sleep
• Play indoor and outdoor games with children
• Change diaper of infants
• Toilet train toddlers and children
• Administer medicines on instruction
• Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting and cleaning
• Clean as well as sanitize play areas
• Organize toys and books
• Lead educational activities such as reading
• Run family errands such as grocery shopping and bills payment
• Assist children with extracurricular activities
• Wash dishes and do children’s laundry
• Iron clothes and linens
• Assume full responsibility for children as well as the house in absence of parents
• Tend to emotional well-being of children
• Organize activities such as games and music
• Arrange outings for children
• Maintain a safe, orderly and healthy environment
• Discipline children as per the methods requested by the parents
• Prepare infants and children for rest periods