Package handlers usually work for courier and delivery companies where they are expected to pack products and materials so that the same can be delivered safely to their destinations.
They assemble cartons by using a variety of hand tools. They may also use nails and glue to ensure that the products are sealed appropriately.
If you possess a high school diploma and are physically fit to work in a busy environment, you may choose package handling as a career.
A package handler resume allows you to portray yourself as a skilled and physically fit individual who can perform all tasks of a package handling job.
Since a resume can bring you an interview, it is essential that you write the most relevant skills and qualifications on your resume.
Sample Resume for Package Handler Position
332 Starlight Drive
Keene, NH 63879
❖❖ Package Handler ❖❖
Results-oriented and dedicated Package Handler with 10+ years of hands-on experience in lifting and pushing packages and preparing them for delivery. Adept at utilizing hand-to-surface methods of package handling. Proven record of sealing packages safely and determining appropriate conveyor belt systems. Able to multi-task in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Known for following instructions promptly
- Familiar with discerning numbers in order to scan packages appropriately
- Well-versed with manual and automated packaging machines
UPS, Keen, NH
- Load and unload packages on/from conveyor belts and delivery trucks.
- Move and store materials and products.
- Stack materials in accordance with instructions.
- Pack and seal products and materials.
- Manage cycle counting and inventory control procedures.
- Implemented a new system that works with available numbers data to determine appropriate conveyor belts for different packages.
- Named Employee of the Quarter following exceptional packaging duties in an error-free manner.
ABC Factory, Austin, TX
- Determined different materials and products to be packed.
- Packed and sealed products according to instructions.
- Loaded and unloaded goods and materials.
- Assisted with warehouse-related work such as stocking and inventory control.
- Reorganized the existing inventory system bringing down the retrieval time by 20%.
- Promoted as a package handler after working as an apprentice for three months.
Diploma: Austin High School, Austin, TX
- Exceptional communication skills
- Physically dexterous with the ability to carry over 50 lbs
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Able to work without supervision
“I am eager to play a crucial role in the success of the employer.”
Strong Professional references are available
Recommended: Cover Letter for Package Handler Resume
Package Handler Job Duties for Resume
You can use the following job description statements in the EXPERIENCE section of your resume.
- Take and study orders for package picking and ensure that they are understood properly.
- Visit the picking or storage site to pick up packages.
- Read package information (address, barcode, and label) to determine where to look for the package.
- Pick packages from storage areas and ensure that the information provided on them coincides with work orders.
- Ensure that containers are loaded onto forklifts and transported to packaging areas.
- Determine the type of packaging needed for each picked item and assemble cartons accordingly.
- Pack items according to the instructions provided.
- Ensure that packages are sealed properly using glue and nails.
- Label packages according to instructions provided on work orders.
- Load packed boxes onto conveyor belts so that they can be delivered to loading areas.
- Assist in loading delivery trucks with prepared packages.
- Make sure that packages are safely stacked in trucks and that all coinciding paperwork is provided to the delivery personnel.
- Ensure that cycle counting and inventory control procedures are handled in an efficient manner.
- Create reports on packaging activities on a periodic basis and ensure that packaging and delivery information is posted in the company database.
- Ensure general maintenance and cleaning of all work areas to ward off possible hazards.
Package Handler Educational Requirements
It is not necessary to possess formal educational credentials when working as a package handler, but you do need to be a high school graduate at the very least.