A nanny is a person who provides child care at children’s home. They are responsible for preparing snacks, planning and implementing educational activities, light housekeeping and errands running.
What is a Nanny Resume?
A nanny resume is a snapshot of your childcare skills, as well as parents’ help abilities. If you craft a good resume for the nanny job, it will open the doors of highly paid nanny jobs.
As a matter of fact, your nanny resume is your ambassador. Therefore, you must spend a lot of time to make it an exceptional piece of writing.
Since hiring managers scrutinize most of the resumes in 5-10 seconds, so use a simple and attractive nanny resume format in order to grab their interest.
How to Write a Nanny Resume?
- Choose a plain and format and layout.
- Select a traditional font such as Times New Roman or Ariel.
- Highlight your most relevant skills within the half top of your resume.
- Use bullets in order to emphasize the relevant nanny qualifications.
- Uniquely list your relevant experiences in reverse chronological order, that is to say, list your most recent job first.
- Include your professional nanny achievements in light of your value-added work.
The following nanny resume samples will provide you with ideas on how to build an effective resume.
Related: Nanny Cover Letter
Nanny Resume Sample 1
32 York Street, Tucson, AZ 87549
❖❖ LOVING NANNY ❖❖
Child Care | Parents Help | Housekeeping | Cooking
Reliable Nanny with 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in developing and grooming children from different age groups. Successful track record of supervising activities of children while ensuring their safety and wellbeing. Assume the total responsibility of the children, as well as home, in the absence of parents. Fun and friendly.
- Neat appearance and a professional attitude
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Current Arizona driver’s license with auto insurance
- TB tested, and Hepatitis vaccinated
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Homework Assistance|
– Formula Preparation
– Meal Preparation/Serving
– Personal Hygiene
|– Child Safety Protocols|
– Diaper Changing
– Toilet Training
- Successfully supervise children from ages 1 to 8.
- Educate kids regarding personal hygiene as well as social development.
- Read to children and assist them with homework at the same time.
- Organize the activities for children such as games and trips from time to time.
- Ensure emotional comfort and well being of children.
- Prepare craft materials and help children to use them appropriately.
- Dedicatedly helped weak children with homework; as a result, improved their grades.
- Effectively disciplined children following the methods requested by the parents.
- Maintained a safe and fun environment; therefore, avoided many incidents.
- Provided temporary custodial care to toddlers and infants.
- Effectively helped children with homework and played games with them.
- Kept the children safe and entertained in educational ways.
- Organized and monitored children’s recreational as well as play activities.
- Informed parents regarding any behavioral or emotional issues of the child.
- Kept the children’s room arranged and cleaned at all times.
- Promoted the values of the employer owing to appropriate appearance and actions.
- Adhered to the safety guidelines and standards.
- Supported the training of new babysitters.
- Timely responded to an emergency, hence saved a child from choking.
- Taught social manners to children in order to make them a valuable member of society.
Specialized Courses in Early Childhood Development
Community College, Tucson, AZ 2011
High School Diploma
City School, Tucson, AZ 2010
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Windows, Internet, Email and Social Media
- Typing Speed: 55 WPM
Warm, caring, and nurturing – committed to building stronger families.
Superior professional references available
Nanny Resume Sample 2
455 Kimberly Lane, Irvine, CA 56886
Bringing expertise in early childhood development in order to promote children’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Accomplished Nanny with 7+ years of hands-on experience in child care and fostering. An unusual knack for devising exciting and meaningful learning as well as play activities for children. Active and agile, uniquely caters to the developmental, social, and psychological needs of children. First Aid and BLS Certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|• Round-the-Clock Care|
• Homework Assistance
• Hygiene Maintenance
• Nap Supervision
|• Cooking and Feeding|
• Ironing and Dressing
• Personal Grooming
• Formula Preparation
• Emotional Support
• Snack Preparation
- Attained the 100% satisfaction of parents owing to exceptional child care skills.
- Resolved the psychological and social issues of 3 children.
- Obtained the “Best Nanny Award” twice, owing to dedication and commitment.
The Nanny Service, Irvine, CA | 2014-present
- Create a fun, friendly and safe environment to keep children amused
- Accompany children to parks and social visits
- Assist children with homework
- Pick and drop children to and from school
- Perform light housekeeping and laundry tasks
- Continually watch over the activities of children in order to ensure their safety
- Organize games, arts, and crafts and equally participate with children
City Agency, Irvine, CA | 2012-2014
- Changed diapers for infants
- Provided toilet training to toddlers
- Prepared formulas and bottle-fed infants as well, following parents directions
- Cleaned and sanitized children rooms and toys
- Kept the area free of sharp or harmful objects so as to minimize the hazard
- Informed parents regarding child activities and development
- Prepared childcare reports for agency and parents
Child Care Worker
WE CARE, Irvine, CA | 2009-2012
- Supervised children’s play as well as educational activities
- Ensured the safety of the children on a continuous basis
- Cleaned the work area and washed dishes
- Bottle-fed babies in a sterile manner
- Provided recommendations to parents regarding toys and educational tools
- Followed all policies and procedures as provided by the agency
Associate of Arts in Education
St. Louis Community College, Irvine, CA | 2009
- Computer: MS Word and Excel, Internet, Email, Social Media
- Clean Medial, Criminal and Driving Record
- Current California Driver’s license
Member: Association of Premier Nanny Agencies (APNA)
I am passionate to bring a positive difference in the lives of children.
Exemplary references available on request
See also: Nanny Jobs
Nanny Resume Format
The first thing that you need to do for nanny resume writing is to use the right format.
Let’s break down the nanny resume into sections, and determine what needs to go into each part.
As this section is the beginning of your resume, so it is vital to highlight your enthusiasm and qualifications in one place.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Uniquely mention your relevant nanny skills in this section of your resume.
This section may be one of the most critical parts of the nanny resume. With the following questions in mind, you can build a compelling achievements section.
What have you achieved in the role of a nanny?
How you contributed to a child’s development?
Which effort did you put to ensure that the child was nurtured and looked after properly?
Write all that you have done in the role of a nanny. For instance, personal care, nurturing, feeding, food preparation, safety, and everything else that you can think of!
If you have formal degrees or training, then this is the right place to mention it.