A resume for a dental assistant position is not a mere list of duties you performed in a similar role previously.
In fact, it is a snapshot of your most relevant dental assisting skills, qualifications, accomplishments, and experiences that will enable you to perform your next job exceptionally well.
How to Write a Resume for Dental Assistant Position?
- Start your resume with a dental assistant summary statement. This section should be written very cautiously, as 80% of employers decide for an interview after reading your summary statement.
- Summarize your qualifications and skills in a bullet or tabular form.
- Include quantified dental assistant achievements in your resume.
- Add information about your experiences and education.
Moreover, be watchful about the following do’s and dont’s:
✓ Tailor your resume as per the requirements of the employer.
✓ Be concise; use short but powerful bullet points and statements.
✓ Mention your current phone number and email address.
✓ Print your resume on a high-quality paper.
✗ Don’t Use the words “I,” me,” “my” or other first-person pronouns excessively.
✗ Don’t lie or overstate your qualifications
✗ Don’t use wavy and complicated fonts that may be hard to read.
✗ Don’t include personal data such as age, marital status, passport number, and National ID.
Related: Dental Assistant Cover Letter
Dental Assistant Skills Resume (Sample 1)
12 Westlake Drive, Coppell, TX 25387
❖❖ DENTAL ASSISTANT ❖❖
Chairside Assistance | Supplies Management | Patient Education | Infection Control Procedures
Energetic and self-motivated Dental Assistant with 9+ years’ hands-on experience in 4-6-handed dentistry, radiology, laboratory, sterilization, and clerical duties. Proven record of handling front desk, visitors, and patients utilizing exceptional communication and customer service skills. Known to relate to patients from diverse backgrounds and different age groups.
– Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) from Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
– Current dental radiology license
– X-Ray and EFDA Certification – 2009
– BLS and CPR – 2010
• Preparing and maintaining instruments, equipment, and materials for dental procedures
• Mixing dental filling
• Providing patients with information about ongoing processes
• Preparing patients for treatment or surgery
• Setting up x-rays and other dental tests
• Infection control
• Greeting patients, managing appointments and keeping treatment records
• Ordering dental supplies and maintaining stock
• Reception, insurance, billing, recordkeeping, and general office procedures
CHAIRSIDE EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
ANA Dental Clinic, Coppell, TX | Apr 2016 – Present
- Efficiently assist dentists with all dental procedures in a busy dental setting employing 5 dentists and 16 dental assistants.
- Maintained a clean environment that significantly increased patients’ satisfaction.
- Demonstrated a calm and friendly demeanor during dental procedures.
- Take, develop and mount radiographs.
- Guide patients through the dental process before and after treatment.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatments processes.
- Maintain and set up dental equipment and instruments.
- Provide pre and post-operative instructions to patients.
- Record treatment information.
- Formulate preliminary impressions.
ABC Dental – Estancia, NM | Nov 2008 – Apr 2016
- Provided six-handed dentistry for examination and treatment of approximately 22 patients per day
- Prepared tray setups accurately for a dental operation, which resulted in a 50% increase in efficiency
- Maintained adequate supply levels at all times
- Helped dentists and patients in the dental lab tests
- Performed clerical duties related to the dental program
Associate of Applied Science in Health Science
ECPI University, Coppell, TX – 2007
Concentration: Dental Assisting
• MS Word, Excel
• Dexis, Dentrix and Eaglesoft
“I am committed to sustaining patient comfort at all times.”
Strong professional references available
Dental Assistant Resume (Sample 2)
560 Watson Ave, Scottsdale, AZ
Consistently delivering successful chairside assistance.
• Highly-systematic Dental Assistant with 6+ years’ successful track record of assisting dentists in selecting instruments, taking radiographs, mixing dental filling materials and cleaning work area.
• Exceptional talent for preparing patients for dental surgery while educating them for the same.
• First-hand experience in setting up instruments, supplies, and materials for necessary dental procedures.
• In-depth knowledge of dental procedures and terminology.
• Friendly and outgoing personality with a customer service-oriented demeanor.
• Filling Preparation
• Instrument Sterilization and Infection Control
• Room Setup, Preparing Patients
• Scheduling, Front Desk Handling, and Billing
• Dental X-Rays and Impressions
• Lab Organization
• Teeth Cleaning and Fillings
• Temporary Crown Fabrications
• Fluoride and Sealant Applications
Aspen Dental, Scottsdale, AZ | 5/2011-Present
• Take the initial history of 25+ patients per shift and guide patients through the process
• Take and develop x-ray images
• Prepare patients for dental treatment and assist the dentist during procedures
• Set up trays and equipment for dental procedures
• Assist dentist with suctioning and suture cutting throughout surgical procedures
• Handle technical activities such as mixing amalgam and preparing impression materials
• Offer exceptional care to every patient by answering their questions compassionately
• Effectively educate patients on oral hygiene and postoperative care
• Maintain a neat and clean operatory area
Dental Office Assistant
City Dental Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ | 6/2009-4/2011
• Greeted patients, added their information to the database, and took their x-ray
• Sterilized and prepared all equipment needed for procedure
• Handled front desk tasks and scheduled appointment
• Supported patients and dental office team members in a friendly and positive manner
• Received mail and email, and distributed to concerned persons
Associate of Science in Dental Assistance
AAY Technical College, Scottsdale, AZ – 2009
American Dental Association, ADA, Scottsdale, AZ
International Research Centre for Oral Hygiene, IRCH, Scottsdale, AZ
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
“I am a skillful individual who works long hours and stands for long periods. Strong ethics regarding patients’ privacy.”