A resume for dental assistant position is not a mere list of duties that you have performed previously. In fact, it is a snapshot of your most relevant skills, qualifications, accomplishments and experiences which will enable you to perform your next job extremely well. Prospective employers want to know about your relevant expertise as well as enthusiasm.
Dental Assistant Resume Tips
• Open your resume with a profile or summary statement. This section should be written very cautiously since 80% of employers decide for an interview after reading your performance summary.
• Summarize your qualifications and skills in bullet or tabular form.
• Include quantified achievements in your resume.
✓ Build a tailored resume as per requirements of employer
✓ Be concise; use short but powerful bullet points and statements
✓ Mention your current phone number and email address
✓ Print your resume on a high-quality paper
✗ Use words “I” ,“me”, “my” or other first person pronouns excessively
✗ Lie, overstate your qualifications or mention something that might create a problem in interview
✗ Use wavy and complex fonts that may be hard to read
✗ Trust on a spell check software! Proofread your resume manually
✗ Include personal data such as age, marital status, passport number and National ID
✗ Use exact dates in experience section – month and year is sufficient
Dental Assistant Resume Sample 1
12 Westlake Drive | Coppell, TX 25387 | (123) 456-2345 | Email
❖❖ DENTAL ASSISTANT ❖❖
Chairside Assistance ~ Supplies Management ~ Patient Education ~ Infection Control Procedures
Energetic and self-motivated Dental Assistant with 9+ years’ hands-on experience in 4/6-handed dentistry, radiology, laboratory, sterilization and clerical duties. Proven record of managing patients utilizing exceptional communication and customer service skills. Relates to patients from diverse backgrounds and different age groups.
• Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) from Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
• Current dental radiology license
• X-Ray and EFDA Certification – 2009
• BLS and CPR – 2010
• Preparing and maintaining instruments, equipment, and materials for dental procedures
• Mixing dental filling
• Providing patients with information about ongoing procedures and preparing them for treatment or surgery
• Setting up x-rays and other dental tests
• Greeting patients, managing appointments and keeping treatment records
• Ordering dental supplies and maintaining stock
• Reception, insurance, billing, recordkeeping and general office procedures
|• Sterilization||• Biohazard/infection control||• Instruments and tray setup|
|• Dental terminology||• Equipment maintenance||• Cost effective techniques|
CHAIRSIDE EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Dental Assistant | ANT DENTAL – Coppell, TX | Apr 2010 – Present
• Effectively assist dentists with all dental procedures
• Take, develop and mount radiographs
• Guide patients through the dental process before and after treatment
• Prepare patients for examination and treatments processes
• Maintain and set up dental equipment and instruments
• Provide pre and post operative instructions to patients
• Record treatment information
• Formulate preliminary impressions
• Maintained a clean and friendly environment which resulted in significant increase in patients’ satisfaction
• Wrote an instruction booklet regarding facility’s procedures and instructions for patients in reference to treatments and surgeries
Dental Aide | ABC Dental – Estancia, NM | Nov 2008 – Apr 2010
• Provided 6 handed dentistry for examination and treatment of patients
• Helped in the dental lab tests
• Performed clerical duties related to the dental program
• Prepared tray setups accurately for dental operation which resulted in 50% increase in efficiency
• Maintained adequate supply levels at all times
ECPI UNIVERSITY, Coppell, TX – 2007
Associate of Applied Science in Health Science
Concentration: Dental Assisting
• MS Word, Excel
• Dentistry Software
“I am Dedicated to sustain patient comfort at all times.”
Strong professional references available.
Dental Assistant Resume Sample 2
560 Watson Ave • Scottsdale, AZ 97220
Consistently delivering successful chairside assistance.
• Highly-systematic professional with 6 years’ track record of assisting dentists in selecting instruments, taking radiographs, mixing dental filling materials and cleaning work area.
• Special talent for preparing patients for dental surgery and educating them regarding the same.
• First-hand experience in setting up instruments, supplies and materials for necessary dental procedures.
• Substantial knowledge of dental procedures and terminology.
• Friendly and outgoing personality with a customer service-oriented demeanor.
|• Filling Preparation||• Equipment Handling||• Dental X-Rays|
|• Sterilization||• Preparing Patients||• Dental Impressions|
|• Infection Control||• Room Setup||• Lab Organization|
|• Billing||• Appointment Scheduling||• Front Desk Management|
• Reduced wait time by 10 minutes on average through implementation of a highly effective appointment scheduling mechanism.
• Ensured 100% availability of all clinic supplies through timely supply ordering and vigilant inventory check.
Aspen Dental, Scottsdale, AZ | 5/2011 to Present
• Take initial history of patients and guide patients through process
• Take and develop x-ray images
• Prepare patients for dental treatment and assist the dentist during procedures
• Set up trays and equipment for dental procedures
• Assist dentist with suctioning and suture cutting throughout surgical procedures
• Handle technical activities such as mixing amalgam and preparing impression materials
• Assist the dentist and dental staff with treatment
• Deliver exceptional care to every patient by answering their questions compassionately
• Effectively educate patients in oral hygiene and postoperative care
• Maintain a neat and clean operatory area
City Dental Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ | 6/2009 to 4/2011
Dental Office Assistant
• Sterilized and prepared all equipment needed for procedures
• Greeted patients, added their information to the database and prepared them for x-ray
• Handled front desk tasks and scheduled appointments
• Supported patients and dental office team members in a friendly and positive manner
• Received mail and email, and distributed to concerned persons
• Answered phone and forwarded calls and messages accordingly
• Communicated promptly with patients upon their arrival
• Handled administrative records and office charts
• Documented patient transactions and dental treatments
• Maintained information regarding office accounts receivable
AAY Technical College, Scottsdale, AZ – 2009
Associate of Science in Dental Assistance
American Dental Association, ADA, Scottsdale, AZ
International Research Centre for Oral Hygiene, IRCH, Scottsdale, AZ
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
“I am dexterous individual who works long hours and stands for long periods of time. I have strong ethics regarding patients’ privacy.”