How to Write a Winning Resume for a Dental Hygienist Position?
Study the 7 tips given below in order to write a great resume that will bring more interviews.
- Start your resume with a dental hygienist objective or dental hygienist summary statement.
- Add a list of your dental hygienist skills and core competencies in a separate section.
- Focus on your quantifiable achievements, as well as relevant experiences.
- Write the details of your education and certifications.
- Keep your resume simple and to the point.
- Craft a customized version of your resume for each employer.
- Send a dental hygienist cover letter along with your resume even if it is not required.
The following resume templates for dental hygienist position will guide you on how to build an effective resume to compete contenders for the same job:
Sample Resume for Dental Hygienist (Example 1)
Experience: 20+ Years
7783 Main Street, Williston, ND 55801
Disciplined and Hardworking – the consummate dental professional.
Top-perfuming Dental Hygienist with 20+ years of hands-on experience in oral health assessment, fluoride treatment, oral prophylaxis, and dental charting. Competent at educating patients and managing practice-related tasks such as recording vital signs and organizing patient records. A passionate individual who has an exceptional talent for performing routine oral check-ups and screenings using x-ray machines and other dental equipment.
• Removing plaque and polishing teeth.
• Applying prophylactic materials, fissure sealants, and topical fluorides.
• Ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained within the dental practice.
IMPRESSIONISTS, Williston, ND
2012 – Present
• Revamp the dental examination room by suggesting and setting up modern dental care and diagnosis equipment.
• Reduce paperwork by 60% by converting all patient records into an electronic form.
• Prepare dental examination rooms to ensure that all needed instruments and equipment are available.
• Interview patients to determine their oral health history and take notes of significant events.
• Examine patients to decipher their need for oral hygiene and dental procedures.
• Document all findings in patients’ files and consult with dentists to determine the course of action.
• Assist dentists by taking x-rays of the mouth and dental impressions for mouth guards and braces.
KOOL SMILES – Killeen, TX
2003 – 2012
• Reined in a marathon dental surgery (in an assistantship role) which lasted 9 hours.
• Trained 15 dental assistants in handling chairside work including placing and removing periodontal dressings and temporary fillings and using x-ray machines.
• Removed hard and soft deposits from tooth surfaces and handle root planing and periodontal scaling activities.
• Administered local anesthesia to ensure pain control during surgical procedures.
• Removed fillings and periodontal dressings.
• Educated patients by providing them with information on dental care and the prevention of tooth and gum diseases.
• Discussed nutrition plans with dentists and provide individual patients with focused information on what to ingest after dental procedures or surgeries.
ADVANTAGE DENTAL, Williston, ND
2001 – 2003
• Kept examination / surgical rooms clean and sterile.
• Ascertained that all dental instruments are cleaned and sterilized before and after use.
• Provided support for setting up x-ray and dental impressions equipment.
• Offered chairside care and handled appropriate tools.
• Greeted patients and assisted them in filling out forms for information.
• Handled telephone calls by responding to details of available facilities.
• Supported in scheduling appointments, and followed up with each meeting.
BS Degree in Dental Hygiene
ABC Dental College, Williston, ND – 2000
North Dakota Dental Hygiene License
Current X-Ray License & CPR Certification
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Oral Hygiene
– Equipment Sterilization
– Vizilite & Velscope
– Equipment Maintenance
– Dental impressions
– Tooth Restoration
– Orthodontic Bands
– Surgical Assistance
– Periodontal Packs
– Root Planning
– Nutrition for Oral Health
• Electronic medical records
• MS Word and Excel
Member: American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA)
“I am committed to meet the individual needs of clients and patients.”
Dental Hygienist Resume Sample 2
Experience: 8+ Years
71 McQueen Avenue, Richmond, VA 45902
DENTAL HYGIENIST ~ 8 YEARS
Poised to maintain maximum oral hygiene for patients through diagnostic and therapeutic dental services.
Detail-oriented and seasoned dental hygienist, with proven expertise in oral health assessment, dental prophylaxis, and periodontal screening. A versatile professional who has profound communication skills and track record of working in collaboration with the dentist to deliver top-quality dental hygiene services to clients. Ability to clean calcareous deposits and stains from teeth and gum margins. Fully aware of HIPPA issued equipment sterilization and infection control protocols.
• Fluoride Treatment • Soft Tissue Management
• Dental X-Ray • Periodontal Debridement
• Bleach Tray Preparation • Dental Charting
• Treatment Plan Development • Oral Hygiene Assessment
• Supplies Replenishment • Equipment Sterilization
• Reduced patient registration and initial history taking time by 10 minutes on average, by implementing a comprehensive and computer-readable patient data form.
• Devised an efficient way of administering Arestin inside the patient’s dental pockets to ensure its full immersion which was highly appreciated by the Dental Specialist.
• Conducted 15+ dental health awareness programs in the community and educated the population regarding simple ways to maintain a healthy dental hygiene routine and prevent oral diseases.
Dental Hygienist | 2017 – Present
HEARTLAND DENTAL CLINIC, Richmond, VA
• Conduct and interpret digital radiography.
• Assess the patient’s dental hygiene.
• Prepare procedure trays and bleaching trays.
• Replenish all dental supplies timely.
• Sterilize dental equipment and disinfect the tools.
• Place temporary fillings and perform fluoride treatments as and when required.
Dental Hygienist Assistant | 2013 – 2017
WESTERN DENTAL CENTRE, Richmond, VA
• Assisted the dentist with the necessary dental procedures and dental emergencies.
• Took the history of the patients and prepared their files.
• Explained the diagnosis and treatment plan to the patients.
• Cleaned up after every treatment session.
• Prepared the procedure room for the next session.
• Disinfect all utensils, equipment, and dental tools.
• Assisted by intra-oral x-ray taking and development.
Associate’s Degree in Dental Technology
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF DENTISTRY, Richmond, VA – 2012
BCLS and First Aid Certified
• Dental Radiographs
• MS Word and Excel
Dental Hygienist Resume With Less Experience (Sample 3)
Experience: 1-2 Years
966 S 5th Street
Milbank, SD 73893
Bringing expertise in dental prophylaxis and the proper use of dental equipment.
• Extremely self-motivated dental hygienist with 3+ years’ track record of success evaluating overall oral health and reporting pertinent observations.
• Excellent ability to follow through with oral hygiene procedures per treatment plan.
• Hands-on experience in graphical charting and period-charting.
• Specialized courses in developing and mounting diagnostically acceptable radiographs.
• Ability to prepare dental equipment and instruments
• Working knowledge of dental procedures
• Profound ability to use Dentrix and Vizilite
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Deciphered a particularly dodgy gum disease like gum cancer and formulated and implemented an oral health plan thereby eradicating cancer.
• Wrote an instructional manual on common dental procedures for patient education.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Ferguson Dental – Milbank, SD
January 2020 – March 2021
• Evaluated the overall dental health and prescribed dental plan.
• Examined for cavities and oral lesions.
• Documented dental history and lab procedures.
• Instituted emergency measures for sudden adverse developments.
• Cleaned calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and gums.
• Charted conditions of dental decay.
• Maintained and sterilized dental tools and equipment.
• Applied fluorides to prevent dental decay.
• Explained dental procedures to patients.
• Managed patients’ files, records, and appointments.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
University of South Dakota – Milbank, SD – 2020
Current Dental Hygienist License (South Dakota)
In order to get more interviews, you have to make sure that your Dental Hygienist resume:
- Proves that you are well qualified, eligible, and worthy.
- Builds a bridge between the employer’s needs and your skills.
- Elaborates on the value you will add to the employer.
To create a positive first impression, a job seeker should write a brief and crisp resume with a contemporary format based on current resume writing guidelines.
Not to mention, your resume should be appealing enough to inspire the hiring manager to continue reading it until the end.