A Dental Hygienist resume is the most important part of your job application set. If written with care, it can bring many interview opportunities.
How to Write a Winning Resume for Dental Hygienist Position?
- Start your resume with a dental hygienist objective or dental hygienist summary statement.
- Add a list of your dental hygienist skills and core competencies in a separate section.
- Focus on your quantifiable achievements, as well as relevant experiences.
- Write the details of your education and certifications.
- Keep your resume simple and to-the-point.
- Craft a customized version of your resume to each employer.
- Send a dental hygienist cover letter along with your resume even if it is not required.
While experiences in a dental hygienist resume are essential to mention, your accomplishments are actual proof that you excelled previously and you will be able to contribute significantly.
The following resume templates for dental hygienist position will guide you on how to build an effective resume to compete contenders for the same job:
Sample Resume 1 for Dental Hygienist
7783 Main Street, Williston, ND 55801
Disciplined and Hardworking – the consummate dental professional.
Top-perfuming Dental Hygienist with 17+ years’ hands-on experience in oral health assessment, fluoride treatment, oral prophylaxis, and dental charting. Competent at educating patients and managing practice-related tasks such as recording vital signs and organizing patient records. A passionate individual who has an exceptional talent for performing routine oral check-ups and screenings using x-ray machines and other dental equipment.
• Removing plaque and polishing teeth.
• Applying prophylactic materials, fissure sealants, and topical fluorides.
• Ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained within the dental practice.
✓ Oral Hygiene ✓ Equipment Sterilization
✓ Vizilite & Velscope ✓ Equipment Maintenance
✓ Dental impressions ✓ Tooth Restoration
✓ Orthodontic Bands ✓ Surgical Assistance
✓ Periodontal Packs ✓ Root Planning
✓ Nutrition for Oral Health ✓ OSHA Standards
IMPRESSIONISTS, Williston, ND
2012 – Present
• Revamp the dental examination room by suggesting and setting up modern dental care and diagnosis equipment.
• Reduce paperwork by 60% by converting all patient records into an electronic form.
• Prepare dental examination rooms to ensure that all needed instruments and equipment are available.
• Interview patients to determine their oral health history and take notes of significant events.
• Examine patients to decipher their need for oral hygiene and dental procedures.
• Document all findings in patients’ files and consult with dentists to determine the course of action.
• Assist dentists by taking x-rays of the mouth and dental impressions for mouth guards and braces.
KOOL SMILES – Killeen, TX
2003 – 2012
• Reined in a marathon dental surgery (in an assistantship role) which lasted 9 hours.
• Trained 15 dental assistants in handling chairside work including placing and removing periodontal dressings and temporary fillings and using x-ray machines.
• Removed hard and soft deposits from tooth surfaces and handle root planing and periodontal scaling activities.
• Administered local anesthesia to ensure pain control during surgical procedures.
• Removed fillings and periodontal dressings.
• Educated patients by providing them with information on dental care and prevention of tooth and gum diseases.
• Discussed nutrition plans with dentists and provide individual patients with focused information on what to ingest after dental procedures or surgeries.
ADVANTAGE DENTAL, Williston, ND
2001 – 2003
• Kept examination / surgical rooms clean and sterile.
• Ascertained that all dental instruments are cleaned and sterilized before and after use.
• Provided support for setting up x-ray and dental impressions equipment.
• Offered chairside care and handled appropriate tools.
• Greeted patients and assisted them in filling out forms for information.
• Handled telephone calls by responding to details of available facilities.
• Supported in scheduling appointments, and followed up with each meeting.
BS Degree in Dental Hygiene
ABC Dental College, Williston, ND – 2000
North Dakota Dental Hygiene License
Current X-Ray License & CPR Certification
• Electronic medical records
• MS Word and Excel
Member: American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA)
“I am committed to meet the individual needs of clients and patients.”
Sample Resume 2 for Dental Hygienist With Less Experience
966 S 5th Street | Milbank, SD 73893 | (012) 695-2100 | Email
Bringing expertise in dental prophylaxis and the proper use of dental equipment.
• Extremely self-motivated dental hygienist with 3+ years’ track record of success evaluating overall oral health and reporting pertinent observations.
• Excellent ability to follow through with oral hygiene procedures per treatment plan.
• Hands-on experience in graphical charting and period-charting.
• Specialized courses in developing and mounting diagnostically acceptable radiographs.
• Ability to prepare dental equipment and instruments
• Working knowledge of dental procedures
• Profound ability to use Dentrix and Vizilite
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Deciphered a particularly dodgy gum disease like gum cancer and formulated and implemented an oral health plan thereby eradicating cancer.
• Wrote an instructional manual on common dental procedures for patient education.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Ferguson Dental – Milbank, SD
January 2019 – March 2020
• Evaluated the overall dental health and prescribed dental plan.
• Examined for cavities and oral lesions.
• Documented dental history and lab procedures.
• Instituted emergency measures for sudden adverse developments.
• Cleaned calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and gums.
• Charted conditions of dental decay.
• Maintained and sterilized dental tools and equipment.
• Applied fluorides to prevent dental decay.
• Explained dental procedures to patients.
• Managed patients’ files, records, and appointments.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
University of South Dakota – Milbank, SD – 2018
Current Dental Hygienist License (South Dakota)