Registered dental assistants must write a professional summary statement at the beginning of their resumes. This is important because a positive first impression will help the hiring manager decide that he wants to read the rest of the resume.
However, the content needs to be convincing – skills such as chairside assistance abilities, and knowledge of handling sanitization work should be highlighted.
A registered dental assistant should highlight qualifications such as knowledge of assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment processes. Along with this, it is important to focus on special skills, for example, the ability to process radiographs, and serve as an infection control officer.
Since professional summaries mark the beginning of resumes, they should hook the reader immediately.
Some professional summary statements for a registered dental assistant are provided below for your guidance:
Sample Professional Summaries for a Registered Dental Assistant Resume
1. High-performing Registered Dental Assistant, with more than six years of experience in providing chairside and administrative assistance in a clinical capacity. Highly skilled at in greatly increasing the efficiency of dentists in the delivery of quality oral health care. Strong communication skills, along with the ability to partner across departments to meet office and patient needs.
2. Solutions-driven professional with 4+ years of extensive experience in dental assisting. Resourceful, creative problem-solver with a proven aptitude of taking and recording medical histories, and helping patients feel comfortable in the all phases of treatments.
3. Dedicated individual, with 6+ years’ experience in providing patient care in busy dental settings. Proficient in preparing clients for checkups and treatments, sterilizing instruments, undertaking lab tasks, and providing oral hygiene and post-operative care instructions.
4. Registered Dental Assistant, offering proven ability to set up treatment rooms, and perform dental x-rays. Adept at assessing dentist’s requirements, and ensuring the delivery of efficient support services. Skilled in recording treatment information in patient records.
5. Over 5 years of experience in providing dedicated dental assistance. Expertise include; instruments sterilization, appointments scheduling, and records management. Strong knowledge of taking preliminary impressions for study casts. Excel in a high-stress and challenging environment.
6. Registered Dental Assistant eager to work in an environment requiring high-performing individuals. Recognized for providing exemplary chairside services, and patient education. Flexible and adapting to changing priorities. Compassionate and patient service-oriented, with extensive skills in assisting with diagnostic procedures, and placing and removing temporary sedative dressings.
7. Energetic self-starter with 4+ years of successful track record in performing chair-side and administrative tasks in fast-paced dental facilities. Excellent analytic and organizational skills, aimed at providing effective customer service. Reliable and tactful with a deep understanding of sterilizing and cleaning dental equipment in accordance with state policies.
8. A dependable and productive registered dental assistant who is adept at 4-6 handed dentistry. Exceptionally well-trained to handle chairside work by ensuring proficiency in assisting work and ensuring patients’ physical and emotional comfort.
9. Self-motivated dental assistant, talented in anticipating dentists’ needs and providing them with exceptional chairside assistance. Ability to ensure that patients understand oral hygiene practices, through the delivery of well-placed education.
10. Accomplished dental assistant with a solid experience in preparing patients for treatments, maintaining the operational readiness of hygiene bays and preparing setups for dental procedures.
11. Dedicated registered dental assistant, who specializes in handling both administrative and dental procedures associated with a dental facility. Key strengths include; sterilization, pre-op and post-op directives and performing dental x-rays.
12. Top-performing registered dental assistant with 6+ years track record of assisting dentists, performing chair-side tasks and managing clerical work. Demonstrated ability to process insurance and handle bookkeeping activities. An effective communicator who can effectively manage the flow of clients.
A Registered Dental Assistant professional summary cannot be taken lightly. If you really want the job, make an effort to write a solid professional summary – one that shows how you intend to contribute to the employer’s successes.