Dental office assistants ensure that the front end of the dental office is managed in a proper manner.
This will include making sure that appointments are scheduled and followed upon, and that patient inflow is handled in a proper manner.
Also, it is the job of a dental office assistant to make sure that inventory of both office and dental supplies and equipment is maintained in a proper manner, ensuring that low stock situations do not arise.
At times, people working as dental office assistants also provide the chairside assistant, although they are not required to handle the actual treatment part.
Dental Office Assistant Job Description for Resume
• Greet patients as they arrive at the dental facility, and inquire into their appointment statuses.
• Check appointments calendars to confirm appointments and time slots, and provide waiting timelines to patients.
• Schedule appointments for patients in person, over the phone, and through email, and provide appropriate follow-up.
• Manage the dentist’s calendar to ensure availability, and handle any cancellations that may arise according to protocol
• Provide patients with information on what the facility offers in terms of dental care services.
• Respond to queries and concerns, while remaining within the parameters of office protocol.
• Assist dentists by laying out their instruments, and setting up and calibrating dental equipment.
• Oversee the inventory of office and dental supplies and equipment, and ensure that any low stock item is procured immediately.
• Create and maintain effective liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of supplies.
• Maintain records of patients, and ensure that they are kept updated at all times.
• Obtain intake information, including demographics and insurance data, and ensure that they are verified.
Dental Office Assistant Qualifications
Usually, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is considered sufficient to work as a dental office assistant.
If you have had prior experience in this regard, you will be considered a good person to hire at this position.