Dental Assistants perform a wide range of administrative and dental support tasks. They are responsible for greeting patients, keeping records, handing over instruments to dentists, sterilizing instruments, and setting up dental procedures.
They are required to possess a valid dental assistance license along with x-ray certification.
A cover letter for a Dental Assistant Resume is your opportunity to make a strong impression on a hiring manager. Dental Assistant cover letters can be hard to write and take time, but they are a necessary document in the job application process – one that cannot be done without.
How to write a Professional Dental Assistant Cover Letter?
To ensure that you have written your dental assistant cover letter according to the standards, you need to follow these tips:
- Write in an appealing way that sets you apart from other applicants.
- Highlight your relevant qualifications, experiences, and dental assistant skills to perform chair-side duties efficiently.
- Correcgtly format your cover letter.
- Customize your cover letter as per needs of the employer.
- Add information about your most relevant experiences and skills.
- Double check for grammar and spelling mistakes, and syntax errors.
The following are 2 sample cover letters for a dental assistant position:
Dental Assistant Cover Letter Sample 1
392 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 53231
(000) 333-9874 | [Email]
July 11, 2021
Mr. Adam Carlos
Manager Human Resources
546 Sugarloaf Parkway
Atlanta, GA 78777
Dear Mr. Carlos:
As an enthusiastic, proactive, and ambitious Dental Assistant, I am eager to work with Aspen Dental. My Dental Assistance and X-ray certifications coupled with two years’ dental assisting experience make me a good contender for this position.
I have a verifiable track record of performing the chair-side duties most efficiently. My qualifications include:
• Adept at assisting the dentist during treatment procedures.
• Exceptional talent for taking, developing, and mounting dental radiographs.
• Proficient in infection control practices, sterilizing instruments, and equipment.
• Particularly effective in providing patients with instructions for dental care and appropriate oral hygiene strategies for maintaining dental health.
• Demonstrated ability to perform clerical and front desk tasks.
The attached resume summarizes my qualifications and accomplishments. Because dental assisting skills are best verified in person, I would like to meet with you soon. I will call your office after seven days to set up an interview date. If you need any additional information in the interim, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Dental Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2
July 11, 2021
Ms. Tina Walker
Manager Human Resource
58 SW 162nd Street
Miami, FL 39852
Dear Ms. Walker:
The combination of my strong dental assisting background, relevant experience, and interest in dental procedures offers me the unique opportunity to make a positive contribution as a Dental Assistant at Aspen Dental.
As a strong advocate for oral hygiene and health, my role as a Dental Assistant has always been dynamic. With a great ability to increase the efficiency in the delivery of quality oral care, I can be immediately productive.
Specifically, my skills as a dental assistant include:
- Providing efficient 4 and 6 handed chairside assistance.
- Taking impressions of teeth for study casts and developing dental radiographs accurately.
- Calming anxious patients down.
- Providing logistical help such as passing instruments and operating dental equipment.
- Controlling infections by strictly adhering to infection control protocols.
I will be able to provide you with a more comprehensive view of my potential as a Dental Assistant in a one-on-one meeting. Please feel free to call me at (000) 666-6666 if you have any questions regarding my candidature. I will contact you next week to see if a mutually convenient time of interview can be arranged.
Thank you for your time and consideration.