Dental assistants help dentists in performing a variety of dental and administrative work.
They greet patients as they arrive, provide them with information regarding a dental practice’s services, take patients information and history and communicate the same to the dentist.
Additionally, they are expected to provide chair side support to dentists as well. This support may include handing dental instruments to the dentist, ensuring sanitation and disposing of devices, and preparing tools for procedures and surgeries.
Also, they are responsible for processing dental images and making dental casts. Some other dental assistant work duties include polishing dental crowns, preparing fillings, performing teeth cleaning procedures, polishing study casts and providing education to patients regarding oral hygiene procedures.
In order to work as a dental assistant, you need to be formally trained from a dental college or a vocational school. Once you have obtained a degree or a certification, you are eligible for a dental assistant position. It is a demanding job which requires absolute precision and tough work.
When employers view resumes for dental assistant positions, they try to find out their career achievements first.
If you are preparing a resume, you may take a look at some examples of a dental assistant’s accomplishments to get ideas from.
Sample Accomplishments for a Dental Assistant Resume
• Overhauled the patient information structure by incorporating an online form submission system making it easy and less time consuming for both the office and patients.
• Cut overhead costs by 29% by replacing the current dental x-ray machinery with new technology one.
• Integrated an extremely beneficial dental care system into existing dental procedures thereby engendering increased patient base.
• Assisted the dentist in an extremely complicated dental surgery of an accident victim spanning 19 hours.
• Wrote a booklet on dental systems as part of the patient education program.
• Held a series of seminars on the importance of dental health at the Country Club.
• Trained a group of newly hired dental assistants for deployment in different branches of the practice.
- Dental Assistant Interview
- Dental Assistant Cover Letter
- Sample Summary for Dental Assistant Resume
- Dental Assistant Skills for Resume