The whole idea behind writing your accomplishments is to make sure that the hiring manager understands how absolutely wonderful you are as a chef.
Typically, these would include the several times that you did something and came out shining.
For example, a menu overhaul, or a food inventory revamp can be put on your resume to make it known how much you have contributed in a chef capacity.
Also, you can highlight the time when you prepared food items for a large number of people, in minimal time.
It is important to note that your accomplishments denote your chef skills as well.
A mere stint at developing menus or recipes can tell the hiring manager how good you are in this area.
Make sure that you add at least 4 accomplishments to a chef resume.
If you want to see what you can write as accomplishments, have a look at the following samples:
Chef Accomplishments for Resume
- Introduced 3 new cuisines, increasing sales by $5000 per month.
- Implemented a food rotation system that decreased food spoilage by 45%.
- Devised a keto menu, thereby, increasing the customer base by 65%.
- Overhauled food inventory and supply management system, making it more efficient than before.
- Successfully implemented a preventative maintenance system, reducing instances of breakdowns.
- Prepared food for 50 customers during one shift, on a particularly busy day at the restaurant.
- Trained 28 kitchen staff members, as part of their induction process.
- Improved existing kitchen sanitizing procedures by implementing safe cleaning and disinfection procedures.
- Introduced 15 new desserts into the menu, and as a result, increased customers’ interest in the dessert menu.
- Added 12 exotic drinks to the menu, receiving high commendation from restaurant patrons.
- Simultaneously handled 3 restaurant events, without any problems in any of them.
- Singlehandedly created 13 dishes, spanning 3 cuisines, for the restaurant’s biggest event.
- Constantly met kitchen and food safety standards, receiving high commendations from superiors.
- Won the “Best Chef Award” when participating in the Interstate Culinary Competition.