Since each Junior Chef resume is one of a kind marketing tool, you do not really have to follow the rules that dictate the length and format of popular resumes.
Some basic principles, however, should be followed so that you can write a highly effective resume for a junior chef position.
So, if you are applying for a junior chef position, it is in your own best interest to write a compelling resume.
You must know that only one out of hundred resumes actually stands out, so make sure that it is yours.
Provide information about your culinary skills and creativity in cooking and food service.
Junior Chef Resume Sample
902 Stevens Avenue, Renton, WA 65201
linda @ email . com
Dedicated culinary professional with 7+ years of work experience in different cooking capacities. Well versed in preparing French, Indian, Chinese and Italian cuisines. Solid track record of working in a fine dining environment with a special focus on food quality and presentation. Extreme focus on personal and food hygiene. Able to maintain the efficiency of foodservice and preparation areas within the kitchen and serving areas. Known for maintaining a high level of food quality and production, aimed at exceeding guests’ expectations.
– Fine dining
– Pantry management
– Kitchen staff management
– Food quality control
– Culinary operations
– Menu planning
• Increased restaurant’s clientele by 30% through suggested changes to the existing menu and incorporating “in” food items
• Decreased menu printing costs by $40000 through the introduction of “board menu”
• Trained 30 serving staff members demonstrating SafeServe techniques
• Developed healthy recipes for health-conscious patrons and those with food allergies
Café on 16th, Renton, WA | 6/2010 – Present
• Prepare food items such as vegetables, fruits, and meats by cutting, chopping and marinating them
• Perform cooking duties as per pre-developed recipes
• Arrange food items on plates and platters in an aesthetic manner
• Ascertain that food portions are dished out correctly and that food quality is maintained
• Put together salads and sandwiches and ensure that they look aesthetically pleasing
• Clear and clean work areas on a constant basis and ensure that appropriate hygiene and sanitation standards are maintained
• Handle kitchen staffing issues and fill in for absent staff
• Maintain knowledge of portion sizes and spice levels for each item on the menu
• Assist head chef in developing recipes and deciding on which menu items to be incorporated into existing menus
• Provide support in cooking / putting together diet meals
• Maintain liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure a consistent supply of food items
• Handle food inventory and storage duties
Earth Fare, Renton, WA | 1/2009 – 5/2010
• Cleaned and sanitized work areas and ensured that needed utensils are available
• Cut meats, vegetables, and fruits and made certain that they were properly stored
• Rotate frozen items and kept a lookout for expired items or those near expiry
• Assisted in taking stock of received food items and stored them in their designated places
• Ascertained kitchen cleanliness and sanitization on a constant basis
• Washed dishes and utensils and ensured that they were stored away properly
• Filled in for absent staff in the roles of waiters and sous chefs
Diploma: CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL, Renton, WA