In a resume for CVS Cashier job, relating your experience, skills, competencies, and education to the requirements of a hiring manager is important.
Here is how you can do it in a resume:
CVS Cashier Resume Example
889 Peel Road, Alexandria, LA15262
Organized, reliable, resourceful, and service-oriented Cashier with over 7 years of experience working in the busy retail settings. Documented success in processing customers’ payments in a fast and efficient manner, and in accordance with set protocols. Proven ability to handle discrepancies in cash drawers, ensuring that they are resolved before the end of the shift.
|✓ POS Handling||✓ Scanning||✓ Refunds|
|✓ Retail Management||✓ Customer Service||✓ Sales Referrals|
|✓ Complaint Handling||✓ Checkout Assistance||✓ Bagging|
|✓ Satisfaction Assurance||✓ Bank Liaison||✓ Price Identification|
✓ Introduced the idea of using a novel POS system, which made payment processing 50% easier than before.
✓ Independently processed purchases of 150 customers in 2 hours, during an unusually high volume day.
✓ Substituted in a retail capacity for 15 days, during the absence of 2 retail representatives.
✓ Implemented a novel price identification system, which proved to be 75% more efficient than the one already being used.
CVS, Alexandria, LA 2015-present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the cash counter with their purchases in a friendly and upbeat manner.
• Assist customers in unloading their purchases from trolleys and baskets, and placing them on the counter.
• Scan each item into the system, and provide customers with price information when requested.
• Calculate purchase totals and inform customers about what they have to pay in exchange of goods bought.
• Process cash and card transactions according to protocols, and tender change and receipts.
• Assist customers in bagging their purchases, and make arrangements for large or heavy bags to be carried out.
• Balance the cash register at the end of the day, ensuring that no discrepancies are evident.
• Ensure that the cash register holds enough change for the shift, and deposit the day’s earnings to the supervisor.
Macy’s, Alexandria, LA 2012-2015
• Welcomed customers and inquired into their purpose of visiting the store politely.
• Led customers to their aisles of choice, and provided them with product information.
• Assisted customers through the payment procedure, and helped in bagging their purchases.
• Carried purchases out to cars, and ensured that any lone trolleys were gathered and taken back to the store.
• Oversaw the cleanliness and maintenance of assigned areas within the store, to ensure a consistently positive outlook.
High School Diploma
Alexandria Community School, Alexandria, LA