A cashier associate is an individual who greets customers as they arrive in a retail store and provides information on the products that they may be interested in.
He or she will also expected to demonstrate products and close sales.
Once a sale is closed, a cashier associate is required to take cash in exchange for the products sold and provide after sales services depending on the type of item involved.
To be a successful cashier associate, you may need to understand the basics of the work by being part of a retail system. While some people acquire their first job at a cashier associate position, others may have to work as a cashier for some time before they can be given the job that requires both customer and cash handling skills.
As a cashier associate, you will be doing many things at the same time. It means that your resume has to reflect your aptitude for professionally managing a multitude of things.
Your resume should be able to highlight your knowledge of both customer service and as a cashier. The following is a resume that caters to the resume writing needs of a Cashier Associate.
Cashier Associate Resume Example
5680 Hiatt Street | Indianapolis, IN 66890 | (000) 925-2141 | Email
• Over nine years’ progressive experience working in retail settings in cashiering and customer service capacities.
• Conversant with providing courteous and continuous attention to customers.
• In-depth knowledge of communicating product knowledge to customers and keeping abreast of promotional activities of the store.
• Highly effective in managing cash and credit transactions.
|● Professional appearance
|● Cash registers
|● Customer services
|● Relationship building
|● Priority adjustment
|● Safety and Standard
|● Irate customers handling
|● Flexible to change
Cashier Associate | Zoomerz, Indianapolis, IN | Jun 2011 – Present
• Assist customers with locating products in the store.
• Inform customers of any special deals that the company may be offering.
• Suggest items in addition to the purchased ones to boost sales.
• Set up product displays and post promotional signs on the display windows.
• Keep shelves well stocked and ensure rotation on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all customers are following safety rules.
• Manage returns and exchanges.
• Provide after-sales service on the phone or in person.
• Increased customer base by 12% in six months following provision of excellent customer services that engendered new clientele.
• Trained 33 employees to work as a cashier and store representatives for the company’s stores in other counties.
Cashier | ABC Associates, Indianapolis, IN | Jun 2007 – Dec 2010
• Operated the cash register for receiving cash in exchange for items sold.
• Processed credit card payments and checks.
• Counted back change correctly.
• Ensured that the cash till is balanced at the end of the shift.
• Assisted customers by directing them to the right aisle or representative.
• Managed exchanges and returns
• Awarded Employee of the Year award in 2011.
• Introduced the online cash management system which led to speedy and accurate cash transactions.
Diploma: Indianapolis High School – 2005