When it comes to cover letter for Nurse Practitioner position, small details matter. Since the underlying goal of a cover letter is to capture the employer’s attention and ignite some interest in your candidacy, your cover letter needs to be perfect.
There is just no room for grammar or spelling mistakes, and the tone needs to be strictly professional.
It might be time-consuming to customize your cover letter for each employer, but the impact of a tailored cover letter is worth the effort.
It is essential to show the employer what makes you a perfect match for the Nurse Practitioner position and in what additional ways could your skills be utilized at the proposed facility.
Also, personalizing your cover letter too counts. Take time to find out who the hiring manager is and address the letter by name to that person. This helps in creating a professional bond, so when the employer sees your resume; you are automatically seen in a favorable light – like they already know you!
See also: Nurse Practitioner Resume
Nurse Practitioner Cover Letter Example
1701 22nd Ave
Austin, MN 76229
June 30, 2020
Mr. Noah Kennedy
Evergreen Health Hospital
87 E Some Street
Austin, MN 76229
Dear Mr. Kennedy:
If you are seeking an accredited nurse practitioner with an outstanding work record, look no further! My profile will interest you because of my relevant skills, certifications, and seven years of nursing experience.
Some of my professional highlights:
- 3+ years of nursing practice in critical care unit and 4+ years alternatively in 50+ bed ward and OPD.
- Adept at assisting physicians in patients’ assessment, evaluation, and therapeutic course development.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and treatment development expertise based on self-ordered tests, scans, and USGS.
- Skilled in patient counseling, drug treatment plans/ other forms of therapy.
- An active member of various medical-related research organizations.
- Willing to incorporate the latest discoveries in treatment plans.
- Particularly effective in handling busy ER stations.
I would like to meet with you in person to discuss how my capabilities could massively benefit Evergreen Health Hospital. I will call you at the end of next week to answer any questions regarding my qualifications and to set up an interview date and time of your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.