A Bartender takes orders, suggests and mixes drinks, and serve food in order to provide the best guest experience. They ensure that all guests have a perfect bar experience.
In order to get a bartender job, you will need to build a good bartender resume, which will create the first impression of you.
Bartender Resume Writing Tips
• Customize your resume as per the prospective employer’s needs.
• Show your interest in working specifically for the employer.
• Read the bartender job description provided by the employer and write your resume accordingly.
• Add a resume headline right below the header.
• Start your resume with a professional bartender summary statement.
• Write your relevant bartending skills and work experiences.
• Explicitly mention your bartending achievements, not just job descriptions.
• Leave sufficient white space between resume sections.
• Select the most appropriate phrases to include in your resume.
• Do not duplicate the content of the job advertisement.
• Write briefly and clearly in a visually appealing manner.
• Always send a bartender cover letter with your resume.
• Proofread your resume thrice prior to sending.
The following bartender resume samples are written with the intention to help you build or update your resume.
Related: Bartender Resume No Experience
Bartender Resume Sample 1
65 Heather Avenue, Charlotte, NY 56744
Repeated records of success providing courteous and quick service.
Uniquely qualified Bartender with 12+ years’ hands-on experience in mixing, brewing and food service in busy hospitality settings. Customer service-oriented, profound communication skills as well as the ability to upsell. Known for maintaining the bar and service area in sanitized, neat and orderly condition.
• Reorganized the beverages section, consequently increased the overall efficiency by 40%.
• Launched a new cocktail recipe, increased revenue by $5000 per month as a result.
• Enhanced the customer satisfaction level by 30% owing to a professional and courteous attitude.
|• Order Taking|
• Order Compliance
• Bill Generation
|• Recipe Generation|
• Mixing Ratio
• Bar Maintenance
• Supplies Ordering
|• POS Operation|
• Table Clearing
• Beverage Service
• Snack Bar Assistance
HARD ROCK CAFÉ, Charlotte, NC | Jun 2012 – Present
- Greet customers and take their food and drinks orders.
- Mix drinks to make preferred cocktails.
- Generate bills according to drink orders and operate POS for bill collection.
- Order and replenish supplies at the drinks bar.
- Maintain the bar and service area in a neat, clean and organized condition.
- Check IDs of customers for alcoholic drinks service as per state issued guidelines.
- Maintain productive relationships with customers and enhance clientele using the referral base.
OMNI HOTEL, Charlotte, NC | May 2005 – Jun 2012
- Greeted customers and guided them to the seating area.
- Assisted customers with order decisions and provide information regarding various beverages.
- Up-sold latest products and drinks.
- Carefully noted and communicated any special instructions related to orders.
- Assisted in cocktail and beverage preparation.
- Read and followed standard cocktail recipes accurately.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
High school Diploma
St Louis High School, Charlotte, NC | 2004
• MS Word and Excel
• Bar POS System
• Inventory Management Applications
English and Spanish
“I work diligently following OSHA workplace safety and HIPPA guidelines.”
Superior references available
Bartender Resume Sample 2
88 6th Avenue #211, Washington, DC 65821
Bringing extensive experience in mixing and serving beverages in order to ensure the bar’s success.
Fun and friendly Bartender with 5+ years of hands-on experience in mixing, garnishing and serving food and beverages as per bar’s specifications. Comprehensive knowledge of inventory control, mixology and product pricing. Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean. An excellent communicator who helps guests in selecting menu items while taking and delivering orders quickly. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Age verification
- Mixing, garnishing, and serving
- Bottles and merchandise display
- Bill generation and money collection
- Bar cleanliness and sanitation
- Superb attention to detail
Denihan Hospitality – Washington, DC 2013 – Present
- Prepare and serve drinks and beverages to patrons following regular recipes.
- Mix ingredients such as soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails.
- Anticipate guests’ needs to decide if additional service is needed.
- Operate cash register and verification machines.
- Order the required liquor and supplies.
- Display bottled goods and glasses to make a smart look.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishes.
- Reorganized food and beverage serving procedures, increased efficiency by 30% accordingly
- Attained “Customer Services Award” owing to excellence in customer service provision
Dave & Buster’s – Irvine, CA 2011 – 2013
- Mixed and served drinks to customers
- Prepared garnishes for drinks
- Made juices and prepared food for clients
- Quickly cleaned the bar area and glassware
- Collected cash and give change
- Sanitized equipment and replenish supplies
- Interacted with patrons professionally, increased 20% client base consequently
- Provided exemplary service without delay
TIPS Training & Certification
National Hospitality Training Inc., Washington, DC 2011
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality
Washington City College, Washington, DC 2010
- POS System
- MS Word, and Excel
I have a true desire to satisfy the needs of guests in a fast-paced environment.
Bartender Job Quick Facts
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (Bartender), the following are the quick facts of bartender career.