A Bartender is responsible for interacting with the patrons, guests, fellow workers and supervisors in a polite manner while making sure that all guests have a perfect bar experience. They actively take orders, suggest and mix drinks, serve food and ensure the best experience for guests.
In order to get a bartender job, you need to build a good resume which will create employer’s first impression of you.
Bartender Resume Writing Tips
• Your resume must be customized to show your interest in bartender position for a specific employer.
• Only mention your qualifications and work experiences which directly relate to employer’s needs.
• Before writing your resume, read job description carefully in order to decide which phrases and statements will be most appropriate.
• Do not replicate the content of job advertisement or job description.
• Write briefly and clearly in a visually appealing format.
The following are 2 sample resumes for bartender position to help you build or update your resume.
Bartender Resume Sample 1
65 Heather Avenue • Charlotte, N 56744 • (000) 872-4747 • jonathan @ email . com
Repeated records of success providing guests with courteous, efficient and quick service with a pleasant attitude.
Agile and competent bartender with 12+ years’ hands-on experience in cocktail mixing, coffee brewing and food service in busy bar settings. A customer service-oriented individual who has profound communication skills and ability to upsell special promotion beverages. Known for maintaining the bar and service area in sanitized, neat and orderly condition. TIPS Certified.
Core Skills & Competencies
|• Order Taking||• Recipe Generation||• POS Operation|
|• Order Compliance||• Mixing Ratio||• Table Clearing|
|• Bill Generation||• Bar Maintenance||• Beverage Service|
|• Beverage mixing||• Supplies Ordering||• Snack Bar Assistance|
Achievements in Bartending
• Reorganized the beverages section which increased 40% efficiency
• Launched a new cocktail recipe which became a sign of bar
• Enhanced overall customer satisfaction level 30% through professional and courteous attitude
HARD ROCK CAFÉ, Charlotte, NC | Jun 2012 – Present
• Greet customers and take their food and drinks orders
• Mix drinks to make preferred cocktails
• Generate bills according to orders and operate POS for bill collection
• Order and replenish supplies at the drinks bar
• Maintain the bar and service area in a neat, clean and organized condition
• Check IDs of customers for alcoholic drinks service as per state issued guidelines
• Maintain productive relationships with customers and enhance clientele using referral base
OMNI HOTEL, Charlotte, NC | May 2005 – Jun 2012
• Greeted customers and guided them to the seating area
• Assisted customers with order decisions and provided information regarding various beverages
• Up-sold latest products and beverages
• Carefully noted and communicated any special instructions related to orders
• Assisted in cocktail and beverage preparation
• Read and followed standard cocktail recipes accurately
St Louis High School, Charlotte, NC | 2004
High school Diploma
• MS Word and Excel
• Bar Software
• Inventory Applications
Bilingual: English and Spanish
“I contribute diligently in keeping with OSHA workplace safety and HIPPA guidelines.”
Superior references available
Bartender Resume Sample 2
88 6th Avenue #211 | Washington, DC 65821
Cellular: (012) 999-7894 | Email:
Bringing customer service expertise and extensive experience in mixing and serving beverages to ensure the bar’s success.
Fun and friendly Bartender with 4 years of hands-on experience in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks in keeping with bar’s specifications. Comprehensive knowledge of inventory control, drink mechanics and product pricing. Demonstrated ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean. An excellent communicator who helps guests in selecting menu items, and takes and delivers orders quickly.
• TIPS Training
• Guests’ age verification
• Mixing, garnishing and serving
• Bottles and merchandise display
• Bill generation and money collection
• Bar cleanliness and sanitation
• Computer: MS Word and Excel
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Superb attention to detail
|Denihan Hospitality – Washington, DC
Apr 2013 – Present
• Prepare and serve drinks and beverages to patrons following regular recipes
• Mix ingredients such as soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails
• Anticipate guests’ needs to decide if additional service is needed
• Operate cash register and verification machines
• Order required liquor and supplies
• Display bottled goods and glasses to make smart look
• Slice and pit fruit for garnishes
|Dave & Buster’s – Irvine, CA
Jan 2012 – Apr 2013
• Mixed and served drinks to customers of the bar and dining room
• Prepared garnishes for drinks
• Cleaned the bar area and glassware
• Collected cash and give change for drinks served
• Sanitized equipment and replenish supplies
• Interacted with patrons in a professional, welcoming, and hospitable manner which resulted 20% increase in client’s base
• Attained Employee of the Month award – Jan 2013
EDUCATION & TRAINING
TIPS Alcohol Training & Certification | 2011
National Hospitality Training Inc., Washington, DC
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality | 2010
Washington City College, Washington, DC
“I have a true desire to satisfy the requirements of guests and coworkers in a fast paced environment.”