In order to get a bartender job, you will need to build a good bartender resume, which will create the first impression of you. The following 13 tips and 3 resume examples will help you in building a winning resume for the bartending position.
Bartender Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
Education: High School Diploma
Certification: Tips Certification
65 Heather Avenue, Charlotte, NY 56744
Repeated records of success in providing courteous and quick service.
Uniquely qualified Bartender with 12+ years of hands-on experience in mixing, brewing, and food service in busy hospitality settings. Customer service-oriented, profound communication skills as well as the ability to upsell. Known for maintaining the bar and service area in sanitized, neat, and orderly condition. TIPS Certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Reorganized the beverages section, increasing the overall efficiency by 40%.
• Launched a new cocktail recipe that increased revenue by $5000 per month.
• Enhanced the customer satisfaction level by 30% by demonstrating a professional and courteous attitude.
HARD ROCK CAFÉ, Charlotte, NC
Jun 2012 – Present
- Greet customers and take their food and drinks orders
- Mix drinks to make preferred cocktails
- Generate bills according to drink orders and operate POS for bill collection
- Order and replenish supplies at the drinks bar
- Maintain the bar and service area in a neat, clean, and organized condition
- Check IDs of customers for alcoholic drinks service as per state-issued guidelines
- Maintain productive relationships with customers and enhance clientele using the referral base
OMNI HOTEL, Charlotte, NC
May 2005 – Jun 2012
- Greeted customers and guided them to the seating area
- Assisted customers with order decisions and provide information regarding various beverages
- Up-sold latest products and drinks
- Carefully noted and communicated any special instructions related to orders
- Assisted in cocktail and beverage preparation
- Read and followed standard cocktail recipes accurately
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
High school Diploma
St Louis High School, Charlotte, NC | 2004
Order Taking & Compliance | Bill Generation
Mixology | Bar Maintenance
POS Operation | Table Clearing
Beverage Service | Supplies Ordering
• MS Word and Excel
• Bar POS System
• Inventory Management Applications
“I work diligently following the OSHA workplace safety and HIPPA guidelines.”
Superior references available
Bartender Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5 Years
Education: College Degree and TIPS Certification
88 6th Avenue, Washington, DC 65821
Leveraging extensive experience in mixing and serving to ensure the bar’s success.
Fun and friendly Bartender with five years of hands-on experience in mixing, garnishing, and serving food and beverages as per bar’s specifications. Comprehensive knowledge of inventory control, mixology, and product pricing. Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked, and clean. An excellent communicator who helps guests in selecting menu items while taking and delivering orders quickly. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Age verification
• Mixing, garnishing, and serving
• Bottles and merchandise display
• Bill generation and money collection
• Bar cleanliness and sanitation
• Superb attention to detail
Denihan Hospitality – Washington, DC
2013 – Present
• Prepare and serve drinks and beverages to patrons following regular recipes
• Mix ingredients such as soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails
• Anticipate guests’ needs to decide if additional service is needed
• Operate cash register and verification machine
• Order the required liquor and supplies
• Display bottled goods and glasses to make a smart look
• Slice and pit fruit for garnishes
• Reorganized food and beverage serving procedures, increasing efficiency by 30% accordingly
• Attained “Customer Services Award” owing to excellence in customer service provision
Dave & Buster’s – Irvine, CA
2011 – 2013
• Mixed and served drinks to customers
• Prepared garnishes for drinks
• Made juices and prepared food for clients
• Cleaned the bar area and glassware
• Collected cash and give change
• Sanitized equipment and replenish supplies
• Interacted with patrons professionally that increased client base by 20%
• Provided exemplary service without delay
TIPS Training & Certification
National Hospitality Training Inc., Washington, DC ~ 2011
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality
Washington City College, Washington, DC ~ 2010
• POS System
• MS Word, and Excel
I have a true desire to satisfy the needs of guests in a fast-paced environment.
Bartender Resume or CV Sample 3
2+ Years Experience
Education: HS Diploma
28 Crane Road, Dallas, TX36543
BARTENDER | BAR SERVER
Service-oriented Bartender, with excellent knowledge of mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Demonstrated ability to take and process food and beverage orders. Expert in assessing customers’ requirements and preferences, and making correlating suggestions. Ability to handle the bar inventory levels, and related supplies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Orders Taking • Stocking and Restocking
• Needs Assessment • Drink Menu Planning
• Inventory Management • Garnishing
• Food Quality and Safety • Cash Handling
• Beverage Mixing • Complaint Management
The Hyatt, Dallas, TX
Aug 2019 – Present
• Serve more than 60 customers per day
• Successfully handle cash drawer discrepancies
• Greet customers and engage them in friendly banter to make them comfortable
• Offer drinks menu and suggest drinks according to their tastes and preferences
• Provide customers with information on drinks ingredients and preparation times
• Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to customers
• Take and relay food orders to the kitchen area
• Follow up on orders, and ensure timely serving
• Clean and maintain the bar and surrounding areas
• Take and process cash and credit card payments
• Organize bar areas to streamline drink preparation
• Balance cash register at the end of each shift
• Prepare and serve appetizers and snacks
• Assist in planning bar menus
The New York Coffee Shop, Dallas, TX
May 2017 – Aug 2019
• Suggested a less expensive supplier, saving the company’s $5000 a month
• Took and recorded orders for coffee and other beverages
• Created coffee blends in accordance with set recipes
• Assist customers in choosing the right coffee types as per their preferences
• Oversee the cleaning and maintenance of assigned restaurant areas
High School Diploma
Dallas High School, Dallas, TX – 2012
How to Write a Professional Resume for Bartender Position?
- Customize your resume to the prospective employer’s needs.
- Show your interest in working specifically for the employer.
- Read the bartender job description and write your resume accordingly.
- Add a resume headline right below the header.
- Start your resume with a professional bartender summary statement.
- Write your relevant bartending skills and work experiences.
- Explicitly mention your bartending achievements, not just job descriptions.
- Leave sufficient white space between resume sections.
- Select the most appropriate phrases to include in your resume.
- Do not duplicate the content of the job advertisement.
- Write briefly and clearly in a visually appealing manner.
- Always send a bartender cover letter with your resume.
- Proofread your resume thrice prior to sending it.
Bartenders are very busy people. They stand at the frontend in a dedicated bar or a restaurant that hosts a bar. Good customer service abilities and knowledge of tending bars are important in this role. Working as a bartender is challenging as you have to handle a wide array of tasks – sometimes, all at the same time.
It is very important is to write a resume that shows you as a viable candidate for this position. Everything from your skills to education should be included in the resume. Focusing on deliverables is imperative.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (Bartender), bartenders earned an average of $11.39 per hour in 2019.
Education and Experience Requirement
There is no formal educational or experience required to work as an entry-level bartender. Employers usually provide short-term on-the-job training.