Bartending is a skilled profession, and not everybody can do justice with this position.
As more and more bar owners and hospitality organizations are employing bartenders these days, the competition is also increasing in this field.
Employers seek talented and skilled bartenders, who will be able to improve their business through their expertise.
A resume for a bartender position should convince the employer that you have the potential to excel. Just stating your experience or mentioning only responsibilities in your resume will not get you an interview.
What the employers want to see is evidence of your potential in a real-time environment, and this is where ‘achievements’ come in!
Though it may seem a difficult task to enlist some impressive achievements on your resume, it is in reality quite simple. The key here is to list your duties and responsibilities first. Go through this list and choose some of the areas in which you excelled. Now you will be able to convert these duties into accomplishments or achievements statements.
Since achievements serve as proof of your enthusiasm for bartending, it is recommended to support your statements with numbers and dates wherever possible.
As prospective employers may contact previous employers, so do not mention anything that cannot be verified by your last employer.
The following is a list of some sample achievements for a bartender resume:
Sample Achievements for Bartender Resume
• Increased the bar’s turnover by $5000 within the first two months through reorganization of beverage section.
• Attained employee of the month award twice in one year owing to exceptional bartending and bar maintenance work.
• Trained a team of 10 waiters and junior bartenders. All of them are working on senior bartending positions today at various restaurants and bars.
• Maintained professional relationships with returning clients.
• Provided exceptional customer service.
• Utilized excellent bartending skills, therefore, enhanced the number of regular customers by 20%.
• Conceived and originated a new mix of drink that gained the status of the ‘top beverage’ of the bar.