People working on the help desk generally have to understand that their work is very important as they usually provide tier 1 support to customers. However, if you are a help desk technician, you are more likely to provide tier 2 support which does not make it easy but provides for a little more leeway in terms of problem resolving time. Help desk technicians looking for work in the IT department need to ensure that their Help Desk Technician Resumes tell an employer not only how good their technical skills are but also how well versed they are in providing excellent customer services.
The following sample resume for Help Desk Technician position will assist you writing your own.
Help Desk Technician Resume Example
357 Example Place, Brooklyn, NY 3333
Contact #, Email Address
Looking for a position of Help Desk Technician in ABC Company where I can employ my skills in information technology and customer services in order to provide best support to end users.
• Three years of work experience as a Help Desk
• Highly skilled in responding to tickets generated by users in a timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose, make out, isolate and fix problems linked to the operating systems
• Track record of working with end users, work together with Tier 2 and Tier 3 support, and other support desks crossways the customer environment
• Hands-on experience in responding, tracking, and following up to telephone, emails and end user requests for support
• Able to help users will all system capabilities including: office programs, scanning, printing, file recovery
• Achieved Technician of the Year award in 2011 following my ability and initiative to up-sell services
• Designed and implemented a new ticketing system that increased efficiency 20%.
April 2009 – Present
Help Desk Technician
• Provide technical support to customers regarding service issues on telephone, email and through tickets
• Analyze and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
• Help customers identify and resolve issues pertaining to dial up configuration, web hosting and domain registration
• Respond to queries pertinent to package details, e-commerce solutions, email configurations and search engine submission packages
• Create help desk documentation with step by step instructions on problem resolving techniques
BS in Computer Science – Ongoing
Brooklyn City University
High School Diploma – 2006
• Results driven
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office applications