An IT help desk is the most-busy area in an organization, and many calls and emails are received here every day asking for assistance.
If you are a qualified IT help desk representative or technician, you will need to write a compelling cover letter to apply for this position.
IT help desk cover letters tell a lot about what an applicant can do. Good cover letters edict information about an individual’s technical abilities and motivation.
How to Write a Winning Cover Letter for an IT Help Desk Position?
- Write only what the employer is seeking. You can find out the needs of the employer through the job description.
- Mention your skills related to software and hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Quantify your achievements; use numbers or percentages to highlight how many users you have serviced in a day.
- In the last paragraph of your IT help desk cover letter, mention how you intend to follow up on the status of your application. Leave a number where you can be reached.
The example below will give you a better idea.
IT Help Desk Cover Letter Sample
April 12, 2022
Human Resources Manager
54 Fried Road
Wilmington, DE 26588
Dear Mr. Skywalker:
I am interested in working as an IT help desk assistant at Greenheck Group. Owing to my excellent technical assistance skills, and 3+ years of experience in this regard, I am positive that I will be a solid asset to your organization.
Specifically, I offer the following skills:
- Providing technical support for queries and IT-related issues
- Maintaining the daily performance of computer systems
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques,
- Diagnosing problems and fixing them immediately
- Installing/troubleshooting software and hardware
Apart from all this, I am an exceptionally organized individual. This particular skill helps me perform support provision tasks in a quick and efficient manner. Also, I am proficient in maintaining technical documentation and service catalogs in accordance with procedures.
Next Wednesday, I will be in the vicinity of your office and will drop in to see if you have time to meet with me. If you need to contact me before that, please call at (000) 294-2049.
Thank you for taking out the time to review my application.