Your cover letter to apply for the IT help desk technician position must be interesting enough to attract the hiring manager to read your attached resume.
Essentially, your cover letter should complement your resume in a perfect way without duplicating the content of your resume.
Here is a great example for you to get ideas from.
IT Help Desk Technician Cover Letter Example
(000) 100 6253
January 1, 2022
Mr. Ben Tranton
Human Resources Manager
37 Delta Road SE
Dear Mr. Tranton:
Excited to see your job listing for an IT Help Desk Technician at Solutions Inc., I could not help but compare my skills with your job description – the match is perfect. I am confident that my professional expertise is closely aligned with your needs.
In my role as an IT help desk associate at ABC Company, I proved myself to be an efficient employee and a strong problem solver. My value quickly became apparent when I successfully handled a particularly complex networking problem, which had gone unresolved for 3 days.
To be specific, I offer the following qualifications:
• Proficient in diagnosing and troubleshooting an array of hardware, networking, and software issues, and problems.
• Technical knowledge of server-based operating systems such as Microsoft Server, SQL, and VMware.
• Well versed in applying patches and updates.
• Skilled in taking apart and assembly of desktops and laptops to provide basic maintenance.
• Familiar with network and server administration.
• Ability to determine malfunctions, and possible repercussions.
• Known for decreasing downtime, and ensuring maximum output.
Besides technical competencies, I offer excellent written and oral communication skills. I can provide excellent customer-focused service to users and strive for continuous business operation.
It would be a pleasure to discuss the IT Help Desk Associate position with you soon. Please feel free to contact me at (000) 100-6253.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Recommended: IT Help Desk Technician Resume Sample