Executive Assistants hold a very important role within an organization. These professionals usually support senior executives – usually the CEO or CFO of a company. Typical responsibilities involve calendar keeping, writing memos, issuing periodic reports and general office support tasks.
An executive assistant skill summary may serve many purposes. It may be used by employers to advertise a job and it may also be used by candidates to get a better idea to present their skills in the resume.
The skills section plays a significant role in the formation of executive assistant resume because this job is based on skills of an individual. Therefore, skill set plays a significant role in hiring decision.
Following is a detailed skill summary for the position of an executive assistant.
Executive Assistant Skill Summary
• Adept at using facsimile machines, scanners and photocopiers
• Familiar with finance software including SAGE Peachtree and Intuit Quick Books
• Well versed with word processing software like MS Office suit and quick press
• Proficient in office organization and book keeping
• Effective digital cataloging skills along with file organization
• Ability to store data electronically, and arrange it effectively so as to retrieve it instantly when required
• Skilled in making travel and stay arrangements for clients
• Ability to shift appointments when needed and timely informing the respective parties regarding the change
• Efficient in filling out forms and helping clients in the same
• Knowledgeable of office inventory keeping and management
• Outstanding and accurate typing skills
• Ability to generate correspondence including business letters as per instruction
• Outstanding and clear communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Understanding of the PR etiquette and efficient in public dealing
• Ability to handle daily correspondence via email and manual post
• Ability to act as a liaison between higher executives and other employees
• Skilled in coordinating with all concerned parties and arranging conferences
• Proficient in organizing joint ventures that require extensive preliminary sharing of ideas among both parties
• Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and manage them in an orderly manner
• Ability to assign time frames to due tasks and chase the time targets successfully
• Skilled in pre planning events and precautionary event management
• Proficient in maintaining the executive’s calendar and issuing appointments as per availability and instructions
• Effective problem solving ability
• Skilled in information ordering and conducting sequential tasks successfully
• Ability to research on a topic and produce relevant reports for review of the executive