An admin assistant is an individual on whom an entire organization depends for operational, clerical, and administrative support.
He or she is hired primarily to support senior managers and executives with daily tasks such as scheduling meetings, planning travel itineraries and correspondence management is all part of the work of a senior administrative assistant.
On the surface, it seems as if an admin assistant does everyday mundane work – in actuality, it is impossible for company executives and managers to handle their everyday work without their support.
Every function that a senior administrative assistant performs is linked to how well an organization will work.
For instance, you cannot expect an executive or manager to make business travel arrangements for himself and do his own work as well.
An admin assistant may be hired to take off the burden of tasks like these.
Additionally, it is the responsibility of an administrative assistant to make sure that all company follow-ups are conducted properly, and that any issues are handled by following established procedures.
A high school diploma or a GED is usually sufficient to work in this position. Some experience as an administrative assistant or in a clerical position is required.
Here is what you will be doing:
Job Description for Admin Assistant Resume
• Respond to inquiries regarding executives’ schedules and availability over the telephone
• Ascertain that only important telephone calls are transferred to busy executives and managers and that the rest are handled at the basic level
• Create correspondence such as letters, memos, and company emails and ensure that they are sent to the correct recipients in a timely manner
• Plan conferences and meetings by securing event venues and ensuring that correlating informational packages are properly arranged
• Schedule appointments and ensure that appropriate follow-up is performed
• Create and maintain filing and record-keeping systems and ensure the integrity and confidentiality of both
• Ensure that all records are timely updated in the system and investigate issues and discrepancies
• Create and maintain statistical reports to help managers in making informed decisions
• Develop, implement and improve upon office procedures and policies and ensure that all company employees adhere to them
• Manage executive calendars and ensure that they are provided reminders of their appointments and meetings
• Greet visitors, ascertain the nature of business and ensure that they are directed to the right departments
• Compile statistical and budget-related reports and ensure that minutes of all meetings are properly recorded