Your lack of experience should never be a deterrent to applying for an Executive Assistant job.
Yes, people will say otherwise but sensible employers know that everyone has to start from somewhere, and at times, inexperienced people are exactly what they are looking for.
Why do employers look for employees who do not have experience?
For one, they welcome a fresh approach to work, and who else will be able to manage that, if not someone who has just finished school or college?
Basically, training someone your way is difficult if you are hiring an experienced person.
But with a newly graduated person, you can take advantage of his or her malleability – the candidate ends up being an advantage here.
Ok so now that it is established that experience is not always a prerequisite for a job, have a look at this resume sample for an executive assistant who has recently graduated:
Sample Entry Level Executive Assistant Resume No Experience
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT / SECRETARY
Bringing competence and a team spirit.
- Well-organized executive assistant with exceptional administrative skills, aimed at managing the day-to-day operations of an office in a smooth manner.
- Highly professional approach with strong planning and scheduling skills.
- Special talent for producing information by transcribing, formatting, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Extensive know-how in performing research activities and analyzing information to create compelling communication channels.
- Particularly effective in coordinating meetings, conferences, and special events such as trade fairs and seminars.
- Familiar with setting up and maintaining electronic and paper filing systems, targeted at ensuring compliance with the record-keeping requirements of the company.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Records management – Business Research
– General Office Operations
– Data analysis – Scheduling
– Staff Supervision – Database management
– Customer Service – Transcribing
Associate’s Degree in Office Management
Community College, Basehor, KS – 2022
– Business Law
– Accounting Principles
– Document Processing
– Payroll Applications
– Database and Spreadsheets
– Management and Information Processing
VMware, Basehor, KS
(6/2022 – 1/2023)
• Scheduled and maintained executives’ calendars by ensuring that appointments are set in accordance with executive availability.
• Handled coordination and scheduling of projects across different departments and offshore offices.
• Assisted in maintaining and updating organization charts.
• Provided logistical support in planning special events such as luncheons, presentations, and meetings.
• Maintained files and records, both in electronic and paper forms and responded to requests for photocopying and scanning documents.
• Received, opened and dispensed incoming mail to intended recipients.
• Prepared and screened correspondence and emails.
• Assisted in performing research work and analyzing results by putting them in correlating reports.
• Managed database backups to secure information.
• Maintained the inventory of office supplies and equipment.
Excellent professional references are available