How to Write a Resume for Executive Assistant Job?
An Executive Assistant resume can help you stand out from others and get you the job. Your resume should highlight your ability to take and follow directions. Also, it must focus on your skills in handling office work, such as correspondence and mail.
As far as the format of the resume is concerned, it is imperative that it is reader-friendly with enough white space. Your ultimate goal is to deliver a document that allows prospective employers to quickly read your information.
Executive Assistant Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
650 Happening Road, San Antonio, TX 65893
• 10+ years of solid track record in providing administrative assistance to executive units.
• Implemented a unique filing system, decreasing file retrieval problems by 70%.
• Introduced the concept of call screening, hence, reduced problems associated with marketing calls.
• Devised an electronic records system, decreasing paper costs by $500 per month.
• Trained 20 clerks as part of their induction.
• Effectively managed information flow, and office processes.
Pear VC, San Antonio, TX | 2014 – Present
• Check records in order to ensure accuracy.
• File record according to provided instructions.
• Produce information by performing duties such as transcribing, editing, and copying.
• Maintain executives’ calendars by creating appointments.
• Perform follow-up on appointments.
• Set up meetings.
• Act as a point of contact for information and queries.
• Screen telephone calls in order to ensure that the right calls reach executives.
• Check daily expenses in order to ensure that they remain with budgets.
• Create correspondence such as memos, and letters.
• Take and record minutes of the meeting.
• Direct telephone calls to the right recipients.
• Organize office filing systems.
Entertainment Group, San Antonio, TX| 2011 – 2014
• Answered and directed telephone calls to the right recipients.
• Received mail, and distributed it to different departments.
• Took and recorded dictation for minutes, memos, and letters.
• Planned and booked travel for executives.
• Arranged for accommodation.
• Assisted in performing research for different departments.
• Scheduled appointments while performing follow-up duties.
• Filed records and paperwork.
High School Diploma
San Antonio High School, San Antonio, TX
Files Maintenance | Calendar Management
Expense Handling | Correspondence
Call Screening | Records Management
Call Routing | Spreadsheets Preparation
Vendor Relations | Mail Sorting
Executive Assistant Resume Sample 2
Experience: 3+ Years
9089 Mulberry Heights, Los Angeles, CA 87976
Bringing strong communication, coordination, and administrative abilities to improve the efficiency of the office.
Flexible and proactive administrative professional with over 4 years of progressively responsible experience in supporting mid-level and senior executives. Recognized for working well under extreme pressure and taking initiative when necessary. Strong commitment to performing administrative and secretarial work. Aptitude to learn new things quickly.
- Office Management
- Correspondence writing and distribution
- Travel and meetings coordination
- Confidential information handling
- Diary and time management
- Email and calendar management
- Company expenses management
John Fraser Inc., Los Angeles, CA
• Trained 10 clerks on new policies and SOPs, increasing efficiency by 20%.
• Established new administrative procedures, reducing expenses by $4000 per year.
• Restructure the system of reports and correspondence proofreading.
• Develop policy manual with help of operations and HR Department.
• Prepare written reports, letters, and made travel arrangements.
• Maintain records, confidential files, and specific reports.
• Schedule meetings and maintain calendars.
Nationwide Company, San Diego, CA
Sep 2015 – May 2019
• Ensured the flawless execution of the events.
• Prepared visual presentation materials for executive-level meetings using PowerPoint and Flash.
• Rewarded for resolving problems in the maintenance of confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Conserved manager’s time by assuming administrative details.
• Coordinated a system for managing office routine work.
• Expedited handling of personal correspondence and phone calls.
BS Degree in Business Administration
Mount Royal Business School, San Francisco, CA – 2006
Associate’s Degree in Office Administration
• MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
Recommended: Entry Level Executive Assistant Resume Sample
A well-crafted resume for the Executive Assistant position makes it obvious to the prospective employer that you are perfectly qualified.
Because employers look for secretarial and office management skills in a potential candidate. Therefore, your resume should contain information about these and other relevant traits.