A resume for dental assistant position is not a list of tasks that you have done in the past – in fact, it is a snapshot of your relevant skills, qualifications, accomplishments and experiences which will enable you to perform your next job extremely well. Prospective employers want to know about your relevant expertise as well as enthusiasm.
• Start your resume with an authentic profile or summary. This section should be written very cautiously since 80% of employers decide for an interview after reading your performance summary.
• Summarize your qualifications and skills in bullet or tabular form.
• Include an achievements section in your resume. Make sure you mention quantified achievements in this section.
• Keep the following Dos and Don’ts in mind as you build your resume for Dental Assistant job:
• Prepare a tailored resume per requirements of employer
• Be concise; use short but powerful bullet points and statements
• Use past tense for previous jobs and present tense for current job
• Mention a valid phone number and email address
• Print your resume on a high-quality paper
• Don’t use the words “I” ,“me”, “my” or other first person pronouns
• Don’t lie, overstate your qualifications or mention something that might create a problem during an interview for dental assistant position
• Don’t use wavy and complex fonts that may be hard to read
• Don’t trust on spell check software! Proofread your resume manually
• Don’t include personal data such as age, marital status, passport number and National ID
• No need to use exact dates in experience section; month and year are sufficient
See also: Cover Letter for Dental Assistant Resume
12 Westlake Drive ■ Coppell, TX 44433 ■ (123) 456-2345 ■ Email
❖❖ DENTAL ASSISTANT ❖❖
Dedicated to sustain patient comfort all times.
Supplies management ~ Patient education ~ Infection control procedures
Performance Summary: Energetic, self-motivated dental assistance professional with 6+ years’ hands-on experience in 4-handed dentistry, radiology, laboratory, sterilization and clerical duties. Proven record of managing patients utilizing exceptional communication and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to relate to patients from diverse backgrounds and different age groups.
• Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) from Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
• Current dental radiology license
• X-Ray and EFDA Certification – 2009
• BLS and CPR – 2010
• Well-versed in preparing and maintaining instruments, equipment, and materials for dental procedures
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and mix dental filling
• Track record of providing patients with information about ongoing procedures and preparing them for treatment or surgery
• Well-versed in setting up x-rays and other dental tests
• Highly skilled in greeting patients, managing appointments and keeping treatment records
• Adept at ordering dental supplies and maintaining stock
• Proficient in reception, insurance, billing, record-keeping and general office procedures
|• Sterilization||• Biohazard/infection control||• Instruments and tray setup|
|• Dental terminology||• Equipment maintenance||• Cost effective techniques|
CHAIRSIDE EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Dental Assistant | AN DENTAL – Coppell, TX | Apr 2010 – Present
• Assist dentists with all dental procedures
• Take, develop and mount radiographs
• Guide patients through the facility’s process before and after treatment
• Prepare patient for examination and treatments processes
• Maintain and set up dental equipment and instruments
• Provide post operative instructions to patients
• Record treatment information
• Formulate preliminary impressions
• Maintained a clean, and joyful environment which resulted in significant increase in patients’ satisfaction
• Wrote and designed an instruction booklet regarding facility’s procedures and instructions for patients in reference to treatments and surgeries
Dental Aide | ABC Dental – Estancia, NM | Nov 2009 – Apr 2010
• Assisted dentist at chair-side during examination and treatment of patient
• Helped in the dental lab tests
• Performed clerical duties related to the dental program
• Prepared tray setups accurately for dental operation which increased efficiency significantly
• Maintained adequate supply levels
ECPI UNIVERSITY, Coppell, TX – 2009
Associate of Applied Science in Health Science
Concentration: Dental Assisting
• Able to work long hours and stand for long periods of time
• Strong ethics regarding patients’ privacy
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, Dentistry Software
560 Watson Ave • Scottsdale, AZ 97220
Consistently delivering successful chairside assistance.
• Highly-systematic professional with a track record of assisting dentists in selecting instruments, mixing dental filling materials and cleaning work area.
• Special talent for preparing patients for dental surgery and educating them regarding the same.
• First-hand experience in setting up instruments, supplies and materials for necessary dental procedures.
• Substantial knowledge of dental procedures and terminology.
• Friendly and outgoing personality with a customer oriented demeanor.
|● Filling Preparation||● Equipment Handling||● Dental X-Rays|
|● Sterilization||● Preparing Patients||● Dental Impressions|
|● Infection Control||● Room Setup||● Lab Organization|
|● Billing||● Appointment Scheduling||● Front Desk Management|
● Reduced wait time up till 10 minutes on average by implementing a highly effective appointment scheduling mechanism
● Ensured 100% availability of all clinic supplies through timely supply ordering and vigilant inventory check
ASPEN DENTAL, Scottsdale, AZ
Dental Assistant, 5/2011 to Present
● Take initial history of patients and explain the treatments required
● Conduct and develop x-ray images.
● Prepare patients for procedure and assist the dentist during procedures
● Guide the patients regarding post procedural hygiene care and follow up
HEARTLAND DENTAL, Scottsdale
Dental Assistance Intern, 6/2009 to 4/2011
● Sterilized and prepared all equipment needed for procedures
● Greeted patients, added their information to the database and prepared them for x-ray
● Handled front desk tasks and scheduled appointments
SCOTTSDALE INSTITUTE OF DENTAL MEDICINE, Scottsdale, AZ – 2009
Associates of Science in Dental Assistance
American Dental Association, ADA, Scottsdale, AZ
International Research Centre for Oral Hygiene, IRCH, Scottsdale, AZ
• Excellent dexterity and eye hand coordination
• Bilingual: English and Spanish