A Dental Assistant resume is not about what have done in the past; it is actually a snapshot of your relevant skills, qualifications, accomplishments and experiences which will enable you to perform extremely well in your next job. The employer needs to know that you are ambitious enough to take their facility to great heights.
• Begin your resume with a professional and authentic performance summary. This is the section that should be written cautiously since 80% of employers decide for an interview after reading this section.
• Summarize your qualifications crisply in bullets or in a tabular form.
• Include an achievements section in your resume. Make sure you mention quantified achievements in this section.
• Select a plain pattern that is easy to read.
• Keep the following Dos and Don’ts in mind as you build your resume for Dental Assistant job:
• Prepare a tailored resume per requirements of employer
• Be concise; use short but powerful bullet points and statements
• Use past tense for previous jobs and present tense for present jobs
• Mention a valid phone number and email address
• Print your resume on a high-quality paper
• Don’t use the words “I” ,“me”, “my” or other first person pronouns
• Don’t lie, overstate your qualifications or mention something that might create a problem during an interview
• Don’t use wavy and complex fonts that may be hard to read
• Don’t trust on spell check software! Proofread your resume manually
• Don’t include personal data such as age, marital status, passport number and National ID
• No need to use exact dates in experience section; month and year are sufficient
Dental Assistants are the most important part of any dental facility and play an important role in the overall chair-side and clerical work. Their major objective is to support the dentists in clinical and clerical procedures. Dental assistants are responsible for preparing patients for the examination and treatment. They perform chair-side tasks, operate the suction hose, manage and operate dental X-ray machines and make an impression of a patient’s jaw or teeth. In addition, these professionals are also responsible for sterilizing dental instruments, developing X-rays, and mixing compounds for cleaning or filling teeth.
12 Westlake Drive ■ Coppell, TX 44433 ■ (123) 456-2345 ■ Email
❖❖ DENTAL ASSISTANT ❖❖
Dedicated to sustain patient comfort ~ Supplies management ~ Patient education ~ Infection control procedures
Energetic, reliable and self-motivated dental professional with 3 years’ hands-on experience in 4-handed dentistry, radiology, laboratory, sterilization and clerical duties. Proven record of earning patient’s confidence utilizing exceptional communication and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability relate to patients from diverse backgrounds and different age groups.
• Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) from Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
• Current dental radiology license
• X-Ray and EFDA Certification – 2009
• BLS and CPR – 2010
• Well-versed in preparing and maintaining instruments, equipment, and materials for all dental procedures
• Demonstrated expertise in preparing and mixing of filling
• Extremely capable of providing patients with information about ongoing procedures and preparing them for treatment or surgery
• Adept at setting up x-rays and other dental tests
• Highly skilled in greeting patients, managing appointments and keeping treatment records
• Adept at ordering dental supplies and maintaining stock
• Proficient in reception, insurance, billing, record-keeping and general office procedures
|• Sterilization||• Biohazard/infection control||• Instruments and tray setup|
|• Dental terminology||• Equipment maintenance||• Cost effective techniques|
|Dental Assistant | AN Dental – Coppell, TX|
Apr 2010 – Present
• Assist dentist with all dental procedures
• Take, develop and mount radiographs
• Guide patients through the facility’s process before and after treatment
• Prepare patient for examination and treatments processes
• Maintain and set up dental equipment and instruments
• Provide post operative instructions to patients
• Record treatment information
• Formulate preliminary impressions
• Maintained a clean, and joyful environment which resulted in significant increase in patients’ satisfaction
• Wrote and designed an instruction booklet regarding facility’s procedures and instructions for patients in reference to treatments and surgeries
|Dental Aide | ABC Dental – Estancia, NM|
Nov 2009 – Apr 2010
• Assisted dentist at chairside during examination and treatment of patient
• Helped in the dental lab tests
• Performed clerical duties related to the dental program
• Prepared tray setups accurately for dental operation
• Maintained adequate supply levels
ECPI University, Coppell, TX – 2009
Associate of Applied Science in Health Science
Concentration: Dental Assisting
• Able to work long hours and stand for long periods of time
• Strong ethics regarding patients’ privacy
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, Dentistry Software
560 Watson Ave • Scottsdale, AZ 97220
Consistently delivering successful chairside assistance.
• Highly-systematic professional with a track record of assisting dentists in selecting instruments, mixing dental filling materials and cleaning work area.
• Special talent for preparing the patients for dental surgery and briefing them regarding the same.
• First-hand experience in setting up instruments, supplies and materials for necessary dental procedures.
• Substantial knowledge of dental procedures and terminology.
• Friendly and outgoing personality with a customer oriented demeanor.
|● Filling Preparation||● Equipment Handling||● Dental X-Rays|
|● Sterilization||● Preparing Patients||● Dental Impressions|
|● Infection Control||● Room Setup||● Lab Organization|
|● Billing||● Appointment Scheduling||● Front Desk Management|
✔ Reduced wait time up till 10 minutes on average by implementing a highly effective appointment scheduling mechanism
✔ Ensured 100% availability of all clinic supplies through timely supply ordering and vigilant inventory check
ASPEN DENTAL, Scottsdale, AZ
Dental Assistant, 5/2011 to Present
● Take initial history of patients and explain the treatments required
● Conduct and develop x-ray images.
● Prepare patients for procedure and assist the dentist during procedures
● Guide the patients regarding post procedural hygiene care and follow up
HEARTLAND DENTAL, Scottsdale
Jr. Dental Assistant, 6/2009 to 4/2011
● Sterilized and prepared all equipment needed for procedures
● Greeted the patients, added their particulars to the database and prepared patients for x-ray
● Handled front desk and scheduled appointments
SCOTTSDALE INSTITUTE OF DENTAL MEDICINE, Scottsdale, AZ, 2009
Associates of Science in Dental Assistance
American Dental Association, ADA, Scottsdale, AZ
International Research Centre for Oral Hygiene, IRCH, Scottsdale, AZ
• Excellent dexterity and eye hand coordination
• Bilingual: English and Spanish