A Bartender is responsible for interacting with the patrons, guests, fellow workers and supervisors in a polite, considerate, and welcoming manner to make sure all guests have a perfect bar experience. They must be able to actively taking orders, suggesting and mixing drinks, serving food and monitoring guests’ bar experience. (See full job description of bartender).
In order to get a bartender job, you need to build a good resume along with an attractive cover letter for bartender which will create employer’s first impression of you.
Bartender Resume Writing Tips
● Your resume must be targeted specifically to bartender position with a specific employer.
● It should be a short summary of the notable points of your qualifications and work experiences relevant to employer’s needs. Remember! It is not a full history of your life.
● Communicate your professional qualifications to employers in order to create interest, and persuade them to consider your qualifications and call you for an interview eventually.
● Before writing your resume, read job description carefully in order to decide which phrases and statements will be most appropriate for the prospective organization.
● Write attractive bullet points without duplicating the advertisement – briefly and clearly in a visually appealing format.
Following are 2 resume samples bartender position to help you build or update your resume.
65 Heather Avenue • Charlotte, N 56744 • (004) 333–4747 • jonathan @ email . com
Professional Summary: Agile and competent bartender with 11+ years’ successful track record of cocktail mixing, coffee brewing and food service. A customer service-oriented professional who has profound communication skills and ability to upsell special promotion beverages. Known for maintaining the beverage bar and service area in sanitized, neat and orderly condition. TIPS Certified.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Order Taking||• Recipe Generation||• POS Operation|
|• Order Compliance||• Mixing Ratio||• Table Clearing|
|• Bill Generation||• Bar Maintenance||• Beverage Service|
|• Beverage mixing||• Supplies Ordering||• Snack Bar Assistance|
ACHIEVEMENTS IN BARTENDING
• Reorganized the beverages section which increased its efficiency by 40%
• Launched a new cocktail recipe which became a sign of bar
• Enhanced overall customer satisfaction level by 30% through demonstration of professional and courteous bartending services
HARD ROCK CAFÉ, Charlotte, NC | Jun 2012 – Present
• Greet customers and take their food and drinks orders
• Mix ingredients of drinks to make preferred cocktails
• Generate bills according to orders and operate POS for bill collection
• Order and replenish supplies at the drinks bar
• Maintain the bar and service area in a neat, clean and organized condition
• Check IDs of customers for alcoholic drinks service as per state issued guidelines
• Maintain productive relationships with customers and enhance clientele using referral base
OMNI HOTEL, Charlotte, NC | May 2005 – Jun 2012
• Greeted customers and guided them to the seating area
• Assisted customers with order decisions and provided information regarding various beverages
• Up-sold latest products and beverages
• Carefully noted and communicated any special instructions related to orders
• Assisted in cocktail and beverage preparation
• Read and followed standard cocktail recipes accurately
St Louis High School, Charlotte, NC – 2004
High school Diploma
• Computer: MS Word and Excel, Bar Software
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Strong numeracy skills
• Familiar with OSHA workplace safety and HIPPA guidelines
88 6th Avenue #211 ♦ Washington, DC 65821 ♦ Cellular: (012) 999-7894 ♦ Email:
Bringing customer service expertise and extensive experience in mixing and serving drinks to ensure the bar’s success.
SUMMARY: Fun and friendly Bartender with 4 years of hands-on experience in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks in keeping with bar’s specifications. Comprehensive knowledge of inventory on hand, drink mechanics, and drink pricing. Demonstrated ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean. An excellent communicator who helps guests in selecting menu items, and takes and delivers orders quickly.
• TIPS Training
• Guests’ age verification
• Mixing, garnishing and serving
• Bottles and merchandise display
• Bill generation and money collection
• Bar cleanliness and sanitation
• Computer: MS Word and Excel
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
|Denihan Hospitality – Washington, DC
Apr 2013 – Present
• Prepare and serve drinks and beverages to patrons following regular recipes
• Mix ingredients such as soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails
• Anticipate guests’ needs to decide if additional service is needed
• Operate acsh register and verification machines
• Order required liquor and supplies
• Display bottled goods and glasses to make smart look
• Slice and pit fruit for garnishes
• Collect money and give change for drinks served
• Clean and sanitize bar and equipment and replenish supplies
|Dave & Buster’s – Irvine, CA
Jan 2012 – Apr 2013
• Mixed and served drinks to customers of the bar and dining room
• Prepared garnishes for drinks
• Cleaned the bar area and glassware
• Interacted with patrons in a professional, welcoming, and hospitable manner which resulted 20% increase in client’s base
• Attained Employee of the Month award – Jan 2013
EDUCATION & TRAINING
TIPS Alcohol Training & Certification – 2011
National Hospitality Training Inc. Washington, DC
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality – 2010
Washington City College, Washington, DC
• Compliant to business standards for serving beverages
• A true desire to satisfy the requirements of guests and coworkers in a fast paced environment
• Superb attention to detail