A Bartender is responsible for interacting with the patrons, guests, fellow workers and supervisors in a polite, considerate, and welcoming manner to make sure all guests have a perfect bar experience. S/he must be able to actively taking orders, giving suggestions, mixing drinks, serving food and monitoring guests’ bar experience. (See full job description of bartender).
In order to get a bartending job, you need a good resume along with an effective cover letter for bartender resume which will create employer’s first impression of you.
Bartender Resume Writing Tips
● Your resume must be targeted specifically to bartending position with a specific employer.
● It should be a short summary of the notable points of your qualifications and work experience relevant to employer’s needs. Remember! it is not a full history of your life.
● Communicate your professional qualifications to employers in order to create interest, and persuade them to consider your qualifications and call you for an interview eventually.
● Before writing your resume, read job description carefully in order to decide which phrases and statements will be most appropriate to the specific organization.
● Write attractive bullet points – without duplicating the advertisement – briefly and clearly in a visually appealing format.
Following are 2 resume samples bartender position to help you building or updating your resume effectively.
65 Heather Avenue • Charlotte, N 56744 • (004) 333–4747 • jonathan @ email . com
Professional Summary: Agile and competent bartender with 11+ years’ successful track record of cocktail mixing, coffee brewing and food/beverage service. Customer oriented professional who has profound communication skills and proven ability to upsell special promotion beverages. Efficient in maintaining the beverage bar and service area in sanitized, neat and orderly condition. TIPS Certified.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Order Taking||• Recipe Generation||• POS Operation|
|• Order Compliance||• Ratio Mixing||• Table Clearing|
|• Bill Generation||• Bar Maintenance||• Beverage Service|
|• Beverage mixing||• Supplies Ordering||• Snack Bar Assistance|
ACHIEVEMENTS IN BARTENDING
• Reorganized the beverages section and attained a 20% enhancement in customer retention rate
• Launched a new cocktail recipe which became a sign of bar
• Enhanced overall customer satisfaction level by 30% through demonstration of professional, customer-oriented and courteous bartending services
HARD ROCK CAFÉ, Charlotte, NC | Jun 2012 – Present
• Welcome customers and take their orders
• Mix ingredients of drinks to make preferred cocktails
• Generate bills according to orders and operate POS for bill collection
• Order and replenish supplies at the drinks bar
• Maintain the bar and service area in a neat, clean and organized condition
• Check IDs of customers for alcoholic drinks service as per state issued applicable SOPs
• Maintain productive relationships with customers and enhance clientele using referral base
OMNI HOTEL, Charlotte, NC | May 2005 – Jun 2012
• Greeted customers and guided them to the seating area
• Assisted customers with order decisions and provided information regarding various beverages
• Up-sold latest products and beverages
• Carefully noted and communicated any special instructions related to orders
• Assisted in cocktail and beverage preparation
• Read and followed standard cocktail recipes accurately
ST LOUIS HIGH SCHOOL, Charlotte, NC – 2004
High school Diploma
• Computer: MS Word and Excel, Bar Software
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Strong numeracy skills
• Familiar with OSHA workplace safety and HIPPA issued sanitation guidelines
88 Example 3rd Avenue ♦ Washington, DC 65821 ♦ Cellular: (012) 999-7894 ♦ Email:
OBJECTIVE (See: Bartender Objectives)
Seeking a position as a bartender with the Swan Lake Resort utilizing customer service expertise as well as extensive experience in mixing drinks to ensure the bar’s success.
• 3+ years’ progressive experience in diverse bar settings
• TIPS training certified
• Computer: MS Word and Excel
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Highly skilled in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks in keeping with bar’s specifications
• Comprehensive knowledge of inventory on hand, drink mechanics, and drink pricing
• Demonstrated ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
• Able to help guests in selecting menu items
• Track record of taking and delivering orders quickly
|Denihan Hospitality – Washington, DC|
Apr 2013 – Present
• Prepare and serve drinks and beverages to patrons following regular recipes
• Mix ingredients such as soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails
• Anticipate guests’ needs to decide if additional service is needed
• Operate register and verification machines
• Order required liquor and supplies
• Display bottled goods and glasses to make smart look
• Slice and pit fruit for garnishes
• Collect money and give change for drinks served
• Clean and sanitize bar and equipment and replenish supplies
|Dave & Buster’s – Irvine, CA|
Jan 2012 – Apr 2013
• Mixed and served drinks to customers of the bar and dining room
• Prepared garnishes for drinks
• Cleaned the bar area and glassware
• Interacted with patrons in a professional, welcoming, and hospitable manner which resulted 20% increase in client’s base
• Attained Employee of the Month award – Jan 2013
Washington City College, Washington, DC – 2011
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES (See: skills for bartender resume)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of adhering to business standards for serving beverages
• Possess a true desire to satisfy the requirements of others in a fast paced environment
• Superb attention to detail