Administrative assistants perform various secretarial and organizational duties to support executives and managers. They use computer software including MS Office Suite to create spreadsheets, compose messages, handle databases, and PowerPoint presentations, reports, and documents. They also required to confer with vendors, buying supplies, managing stockrooms or commercial libraries, and getting data from a variety of sources. They are employed all over the private and public sectors.
Skills / Functional Resume for Administrative Assistant
A skills based resume for administrative assistant position is more than a list of past experiences and accomplishments but a carefully created presentation of your summary of qualifications, secretarial knowledge, skills and strengths that complement the needs of a prospective employer or graduate chair. This format is suitable for experienced and entry level candidates with no experience in hand as well as career changers.
In order to make an effective skills based or functional resume for administrative assistant, you need to carefully see the job description provided by prospective employer. Relate your skills, capabilities and experiences in a way that meet perfectly with employer’s requirements.
• Build your resume in a compelling yet simple format that demonstrate your ability to write and communicate clearly.
• Use professional language and relevant keywords to show your awareness of the company and field.
• Tailor your resume per employer’s requirements and keep a copy for your records and future reference.
• Print on the same professional paper used for your cover letter.
• Triple check for grammar and punctuation.
• Entry level candidates should write a one page resume while experienced candidates may prolong it to 2 – 3 pages.
21 Example Ave • Raleigh, NC 25541 • (000) 098-0987 • jonah @ email . com
❖❖ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ❖❖
Accurate, thorough, and persistent individual seeking a position as an Administrative Assistant with NEC Corporation. Offers exceptional communication, secretarial, and problem solving skills to bring a remarkable change in the overall efficiency of the office.
• Over 5 years’ varied and increasingly responsible experience in secretarial capacities
• Highly skilled in greeting customers and answering phone calls
• Proven ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in an effective manner
• Thorough knowledge of written English; grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation
|● Customer service||● Record maintenance||● Transcribing dictation|
|● Letter drafting||● Events coordination||● Staff training|
|● Correspondence handling||● Travel arrangements||● Meeting minutes|
|● Multicultural interaction||● Office procedures||● Supplies management|
Office Equipment: Fax machines, photocopiers, videoconferencing, PABX systems, and general office equipment
Computer: Spreadsheets, word processing, database management, typing speed: 60 WPM
MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Administrative Assistant, AA INC, Raleigh, NC 7/2014 to Present
• Prepare, record, check over and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and relevant material
• Record and prepare minutes of meetings
• Organize travel schedules and book reservations
• Determine and launch office procedures
• Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
• Set up and uphold manual and automated information filing systems
• Order workplace supplies and maintain record
• Schedule and verify appointments and meetings of managers
• Trained and coordinated internees which resulted a $11,000 rise in revenue
• Achieved Employee of the Month Award – May 2012
Office Clerk, ABC COMPANY, Santa Monica, CA 4/2011 to 7/2014
• Answered telephone and electronic enquiries and forwarded telephone calls and messages to appropriate person
• Greeted visitors, determine nature of dealing and send visitors to correct person
• Compiled data, statistics and supplementary information to maintain research activities
• Reorganized administrative procedures, shortening process time by 30%
• Designed and implemented new strategies which increased sales by 25%
ABC COLLEGE – Raleigh, NC – 2010
AAS, General Office Administration