How to Write an Administrative Assistant Resume?
The following tips will help you build an effective resume for the administrative assistant position.
Get rid of general and non-relevant information. Exceptional resumes work best if they are tailored to suit the employer’s specific needs.
Include a Profile or Summary
Include a performance profile or administrative assistant summary at the very beginning. It gives the employer a glimpse into your abilities and potential.
Entry level candidates may write an objective statement instead of a summary.
Effective resumes focus on administrative assistant achievements. Therefore, mention what you did above and beyond your duties, which were beneficial for your employer.
The following is a well-structured and contemporary resume sample for an administrative assistant position.
Administrative Assistant Resume Example
321 Warren Lane, Alachua, FL 87003
Equipped to continue excellence in high-level administrative support to multiple departments.
Uniquely qualified Administrative Assistant with 7+ years of hands-on experience in providing efficient administrative support to renowned companies in busy environments. Known for upholding standards of organization, exercising managerial acumen and delivering exceptional customer service. Excellent talent for preparing budgets, creating databases, and analyzing complex data.
Ethical and organized. A natural collaborator who is committed to building long-term relationships with clients and coworkers. Exceptional ability to complete multiple deliverables in busy and fast-paced environments.
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS / ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Researched and verified missing information about reports, which saved $20,000 of the company’s expense
• Successfully organized an international conference consisting of 200+ delegates from all around the world
• Increased 40% customer satisfaction level through education of staff in the customer service arena
• Reduced manual effort 50% by introducing a new client database software system
|✓ Meetings Organization|
✓ Record Keeping
✓ Travel Arrangements
✓ Database Management
✓ Correspondence Handling
✓ Files Maintenance
|✓ Calendar Keeping|
✓ Inventory Control
✓ Payroll Processing
✓ Meeting Minutes Taking
✓ Front Desk Operations
EDCON, Alachua, FL | 7/2012 – Present
• Organize office meetings and conferences
• Manage stay and travel arrangements of executives and delegates
• Maintain the office in a neat clean and organized manner
• Catalog and label all data files and folders
• Assist the different departments in maintaining and retrieving records
• Maintain weekly diary and calendar
• Plan and organize events
• Operate and manage different kinds of office equipment such as photocopier and fax
• Order and maintain office supplies
• Coordinate travel arrangements and hotel bookings
• Create reports, and presentations using the appropriate computer programs
SIMON CONTRACTORS, Alachua, FL | 8/2010 – 6/2012
• Handled front desk tasks and answered telephone calls
• Sorted and distributed all correspondence
• Greeted clients and guided them to the appropriate department or person
• Updated information on all clients and vendors in the automated database system
• Scheduled and issued meeting appointments to clients, vendors and third parties
Business and Organizational Management Certification | 2010
Associate of Arts in Office Management
St. Louis Community College, Alachua, FL
• MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Peachtree and Publisher
• Database, Quickbooks
“Organization is the lifeblood of office success. I know all kinds of administrative challenges and their solutions.”
Exemplary professional references available