Administrative assistants are very important people in organizations. They are jacks of all trades, and masters of many. Their work involves ensuring that the clerical and administrative ends of the company are properly handled.
To apply for an administrative assistant position, you must write a solid resume. The content of the resume should suggest that you are organized and efficient. It should also focus on your ability to handle key clerical tasks such as filing and reports generation.
How to Write a Winning Administrative Assistant Resume?
Get rid of general and non-relevant information. Exceptional resumes work best if they are tailored to suit the employer’s specific needs.
Include a Profile or Summary
Include a performance profile or administrative assistant summary at the very beginning. It gives the employer a glimpse into your abilities and potential. Entry-level candidates may write an objective statement instead of a summary.
Effective resumes focus on administrative assistant achievements. Therefore, mention what you did above and beyond your duties, which were beneficial for your employer.
Sample Resume for Administrative Assistant #1
321 Warren Lane, Alachua, FL 87003
Equipped to continue excellence in high-level administrative support to multiple departments.
Uniquely qualified Administrative Assistant with 7+ years of hands-on experience in providing efficient administrative support to renowned companies. Known for upholding standards of organization, exercising managerial acumen and delivering exceptional customer service in busy environments. Excellent talent for preparing budgets, creating databases, and analyzing complex data.
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS / ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Researched and verified missing information about reports, which saved $20,000 of the company’s expense.
• Successfully organized an international conference consisting of 200+ delegates from all around the world.
• Increased customer satisfaction level by 40% through education of staff in the customer service arena.
• Reduced manual effort by 50% by introducing a new client database software system.
|✓ Meetings Organization|
✓ Record Keeping
✓ Travel Arrangements
✓ Database Management
✓ Correspondence Handling
✓ Files Maintenance
|✓ Calendar Keeping|
✓ Inventory Control
✓ Payroll Processing
✓ Meeting Minutes Taking
✓ Front Desk Operations
EDCON, Alachua, FL
7/2012 – Present
• Organize office meetings and conferences
• Manage stay and travel arrangements of executives and delegates
• Maintain the office in a neat clean and organized manner
• Catalog and label all data files and folders
• Assist the different departments in maintaining and retrieving records
• Maintain weekly diary and calendar
• Plan and organize events
• Operate and manage different kinds of office equipment such as photocopier and fax
• Order and maintain office supplies
• Coordinate travel arrangements and hotel bookings
• Create reports, and presentations using the appropriate computer programs
SIMON CONTRACTORS, Alachua, FL
8/2010 – 6/2012
• Handled front desk tasks and answered telephone calls
• Sorted and distributed all correspondence
• Greeted clients and guided them to the appropriate department or person
• Updated information on all clients and vendors in the automated database system
• Scheduled and issued meeting appointments to clients, vendors and third parties
Business and Organizational Management Certification | 2010
Associate of Arts in Office Management
St. Louis Community College, Alachua, FL | 2009
• MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Peachtree and Publisher
• Database, Quickbooks
“Organization is the lifeblood of office success. I know all kinds of administrative challenges and their solutions.”
Exemplary professional references available
Administrative Assistant Resume Example 2
10 Castle Street, Cranston, RI54221
Administrative Assistant, with 8+ years of solid track record. Unmatched ability to handle office tasks of administrative and clerical nature. Proven ability to provide real-time scheduling support. Exceptionally talented in making travel and accommodation arrangements for executive units. Proficient in using technology such as computers, PABX, and office equipment. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Reports Generation | Filing Systems
Scheduling | Minutes of Meeting Transcription
Vendor Liaison | Conflicts Prevention
Supplies Procurement | Inventory Oversight
Budget Handling | Database Management
Simon Med Imaging, Cranston, RI
July 2017 – Present
• Introduce a unique inventory oversight plan, increasing efficiency by 50%
• Singlehandedly work on filing systems projects to meet deadlines for all modules
• Give training to 30+ individuals in handling the intricacies of clerical and administrative work
• Manage workflow by efficiently assigning tasks to administrative employees
• Perform filing and records management tasks
• Create memos, emails, reports, and other documents upon instruction
• Oversee office supplies and equipment inventory
• Communicate low stock situations to procurement managers
• Assume responsibility for office equipment maintenance and repair
• Respond to requests from information made by employees
• Man PABX systems, take messages, and route calls
• Establish meaningful relationships with vendors and third-party agencies
ABC Company, Cranston, RI
May 2015 – Jul 2017
• Took and recorded minutes of meetings
• Performed data entry tasks and scanned important documents
• Managed calendars and schedules for employee units
• Performed required follow-up on appointments
• Scheduled and coordinated meetings and travel arrangements
• Directed telephone calls to the right recipients
• Wrote memos and issue mails as per provided instructions
Solutions by Design, Cranston, RI
Jan 2014 – May 2015
• Responded to in-person and telephone queries
• Set up and operated office equipment such as copiers and scanners
• Oversaw office supplies inventory levels
• Directed incoming package and mail
• Performed research work for different projects
Associate’d Degree in Office Management
Cranston Business School, Cranston, RI – 2012
I am a natural problem-solver who is committed to building long-term relationships with clients and coworkers.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
The work of an administrative assistant is quite important to an organization, regardless of which industry we talk about. Working as an administrative assistant is tough work, as you have to master a lot of areas.
Many people opt to train as administrative assistants. Primarily, their work involves handling the administrative and clerical ends of an office. They handle office tasks including filing, records management, reports generation, and meeting setups.
They also provide real-time scheduling support, and screen telephone calls. Another area that administrative assistants work in is communication maintenance through email, telephone, and regular mail – sometimes, even in person.
Administrative Assistant Salary
If you are thinking of working as an administrative assistant, you should know its job scope and salary. Here are some facts about this position.
- An entry-level administrative assistant earns approximately $32, 750 annually.
- An administrative assistant with some experience earns approximately $35,750 yearly.
- Senior administrative assistants can earn up to $42,500 on a per annum basis.
Even though some companies offer salaries that are a bit higher than these, the majority of administrative assistant salaries range between $28,000 and $41,000. At this level, people working as administrative assistants are only one notch below that of executive assistants. And they are more or less at the same level as customer service representatives.
Administrative Assistant Job Scope
Administrative assistants are in high demand and will continue to be in high demand in 2020 as well – and subsequent years. This is because the need to organize clerical and administrative work in any organization is constant.
Hiring managers are constantly looking for organized individuals with excellent communication skills to work in this position. Since this is a position with a great turnover rate, employers need to keep replacing employees who have climbed up the work ladder to another post.
Some of the popular companies hiring administrative assistants include:
• One Medical – Salaries ranging between $14 and $26 per hour
• Wells Fargo – Salaries ranging between $34kan $84k annually
• Pepsi Co – Salaries ranging between $33k and $73k annually
• Robert Half – Salaries ranging between $11 and $27 per hour
• DaVita – Salaried ranging between $12 and $22 per hour
In the coming years, it is expected that the job growth of this position will approximately be 3%, resulting in many job openings.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics suggests that administrative assistants with some experience and technical skills will have the best chances of acquiring work in this area.