A cover letter for a Secretary position is one of the most critical components of your job application package. This single-page document introduces you to prospective employers and gives them a reason to continue reading your resume.
Typically, a Secretary cover letter contains the motive of your job application as well as a quick summary of your skills and qualifications.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for Secretary Position?
- Write your correct contact details at the top of your cover letter – you don’t want the employer to keep trying to contact you with the wrong phone number or email address.
- Start and end your cover letter enthusiastically.
- Emphasize your secretarial skills, qualifications, and attributes.
- Mention your related experiences, along with a few key achievements in the secretary role.
The following 2 cover letter samples for the secretary resume will help you build a good cover letter.
Secretary Cover Letter Sample 1
352 3rd Street
Fort Myers, FL 63321
January 2, 2023
Ms. Sara Anderson
Lee Memorial Health System
25 Some Road
Fort Myers, FL 62598
Dear Ms. Anderson:
With great energy and enthusiasm, I am applying for a Secretary position at Lee Memorial Health System, as advertised on indeed.com. My diploma in office management, coupled with extensive experience in administrative and customer service capacities makes me a perfect contender.
Through my diverse work experiences, I developed strong clerical, organizational, and time management skills, which would be very beneficial for your organization. Mainly, I am highly efficient in welcoming and directing patients/customers, scheduling appointments, answering and forwarding telephone calls, and compiling and typing mail and correspondence. Besides, I am well-versed in photocopying and distributing materials, setting up and maintaining office filing systems as well as keeping records.
I am passionate about contributing to your facility in the role of Secretary and would welcome the opportunity to discuss my secretarial insight with you in detail. Please contact me at (000) 999-9999 for a telephone interview or to set up a meeting time.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Secretary Cover Letter Sample 2
33 Maple Ave
New Orleans, CO 21021
☏ (003) 897-5214
January 2, 2023
Mr. Seamus Orlando
16th AQ Avenue
New Orleans, CO 85474
Dear Mr. Orlando:
Upon learning of your search for a Secretary at Newman Inc., I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. As a dedicated and reliable front desk professional, I believe I would be an excellent addition to your team.
For the past three years, I have provided excellent secretarial support to multiple offices. From taking phone calls to providing customer service and performing administrative tasks, I am committed to ensuring excellence for both staff and executives.
Let me briefly highlight my qualifications:
- A customer-focused approach with proven success in prioritizing tasks to maximize the efficiency of the reception area
- Demonstrated ability to record minutes of meetings, schedule appointments, book tickets, respond to queries and answer phone calls
- Expert user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Data entry speed: 60 WPM
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
My successful administrative experiences, coupled with my professionalism and reliability, will help me to swiftly surpass your expectations. In order to discuss this in detail, I will call your office after a few days.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Additional Guidelines to Help you Write a Secretary Cover Letter
Successful cover letters for the Secretary job usually highlight the following job skills and qualifications:
- Administrative expertise
- Creativity and problem-solving
- Leadership and the art of management
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of clerical tasks and front desk
- Computer proficiency
- Self-confidence and image building