Besides teaching the language, English Teachers are also responsible for managing classrooms and implementing the curriculum. Their role is that of a positive mentor of their student’s career.
In order to apply for an English Teacher position, the job seeker will be required to write a resume, as well as a cover letter. Let us look at an English teacher resume sample here.
This example contains all the necessary qualifications, skills, and other sections which are essential to show your competencies fruitfully.
See also: English Teacher Cover Letter
English Teacher Resume Sample
8122 Forest Branch Road, Fuquay Varina, NC 66353
Profound knowledge of the English language, exceptional teaching acumen, and experience in curriculum development.
• 12+ years’ experience in teaching English to students from different backgrounds.
• Created an interactive English learning process that takes input from teachers, students, and parents.
• Wrote several stories for the elementary level that integrated several levels of positive English language learning procedures through books and films.
• Team-teaching reading and writing courses.
• Created lesson plans and helped in curriculum development.
North Carolina Teaching License
Early Adolescent – Adolescent
La Crosse Elementary School, Fuquay Varina, NC
2012 – Present
• Teach English language and literature by employing interactive study methods.
• Plan lessons and create and implement a curriculum conducive to teaching English as both a first and second language.
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons and projects.
• Promote the general well being and progress of all students.
• Communicating with parents about student progress.
• Provide appraisal and review of individual student performance.
ABC School, Fuquay Varina, NC
2007 – 2012
• Performed daily reporting and record-keeping tasks.
• Assisted in planning curriculum.
• Helped in the educational and social development of the children under the direction of lead teachers.
• Provided continuous support for children in the classroom.
• Enabled students to fully participate in activities.
• Maintained an organized classroom environment.
• Participated in team meetings and workshops.
Bachelors of Arts in English
North Carolina State University, Fuquay Varina, NC – 2006
Major: Curriculum Development
OTHER STRENGTHS & SKILLS
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Attention to detail and organization
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines