English Teachers are also responsible for teaching the English language, as well as managing classrooms and implementing the curriculum. Their role is that of a positive mentor of their student’s career.
In order to apply for an English Teacher position, the job seeker will be required to write a resume, as well as a cover letter.
Related: English Teacher Cover Letter
English Teacher Resume Sample
katsim @ email . com
Results-oriented and responsible English teacher with 7+ years’ track record of success in creating curriculums for English language and literature and adapting lessons accordingly. Adept at imparting instruction in a clear and concise manner. Hands-on experience in planning, preparing, and delivering lessons, and developing and setting tests and examinations according to specific language and literacy concepts.
• Lesson Planning
• Curriculum Development
• Behavior Management
• Content-specific Teaching
• Resource Development
• Student Evaluation
AAA Company, Atlanta, GA
Sep 2019 – Present
• Create and implement core English language and literature curriculums.
• Prepare lesson plans and impart English language and literature to students.
• Teach language concepts such as grammar, punctuation, and sentence construction.
• Impart literature education in drama, prose, and poetry.
• Assist students in understanding different ideas by providing them with individual attention.
• Provide instruction regarding different literary styles and help students interpret poetry and prose written in old English.
• Observe students in order to ensure appropriate behavior within the classroom.
• Evaluate and assess students to determine their abilities and shortcoming and address the latter.
• Mark assignments and tests and ensure that students are aware of each concept taught in class.
• Provide feedback to parents regarding each child’s abilities and limitations.
• Introduced the concept of interactive learning, which increased students’ understanding of the English language by 50%.
• Directed 15 Shakespearean plays as part of the literary learning procedure.
• Developed and implemented the core English curriculum for three branches of the school.
• Enhanced the quality of language lessons by incorporating learning resources, derived from thorough research.
Mountain Academy, Atlanta, GA
Mar 2016 – Sep 2019
• Assisted the lead teacher in creating and implementing lesson plans.
• Created materials and resources to help with class instruction.
• Continually supervised students during class and playtime.
• Assisted students in understanding difficult concepts and with the class assignments.
• Provided support to the lead teacher in evaluating students and creating correlating reports.
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
Georgia College, Atlanta, GA
Job Description for English Teacher Resume
- Create the core English curriculum and determine the manners of implementing it at different levels.
- Design and develop lesson plans according to each student’s individual ability to understand concepts.
- Instruct and motivate students in the course of study, paying special attention to slow learners.
- Assign homework and classwork and assist students in understanding different ways of working out assignments.
- Maintain classrooms that are conducive to learning and intellectual stimulation.
- Oversee the development and design of teaching aids and provide teaching assistants with assistance in developing them properly.
- Prepare and administer tests according to the set curriculum and grade exams and tests in accordance with designated grading rules.
- Compliment students on their achievements as part of the class encouragement program and encourage those who are unable to meet performance standards.
- Provide extra help in learning concepts to students lacking understanding of them.
- Evaluate students individually, carefully charting out their weaknesses, and provide them with extra help where required.
- Maintain student behavior by putting down ground rules and ensuring that they are properly followed.
- Meet with parents to provide them with overviews of their children’s progress.
- Create, maintain, and record assessment reports in a confidential manner.
Key Skills for English Teacher Resume
- Lesson Planning
- Curriculum Development
- Lessons Impartation
- Student Development
- Records Management
- Behavior Management
- Student Evaluation