An English teacher cover letter is a short document that is required to b sent with your resume and other job application documents.
In many cases, your cover letter carries more weight than a resume. That is because the hiring committee will view your cover letter as a sign of your interest in teaching in addition to your writing and communication skills.
An English Teacher cover letter is considered the best if it shows energy. This document communicates something of your qualities in a personalized way that your resume cannot do.
How to Write a Perfect Cover Letter for English Teacher Position?
- Show that you are very interested in applying to that particular school district.
- Draw attention to your English Teaching Skills.
- Express your passion for teaching, specifically English teaching.
- Write what can you do for the employer using your qualifications and experiences as mentioned in your English Teacher Resume.
Have a look at the best English Teacher cover letter sample given below in order to get a better idea about the content and format.
Sample Cover Letter for English Teacher Position
65 6th Street
Wadesboro, NC 85754
January 23, 2023
Ms. Sara Smith,
Director of Personnel
Anson County School
Wadesboro, NC 65999
Re: English Teacher Position (Job # 4333)
Dear Ms. Smith:
Upon learning of your posting for an English Teacher, I hastened to submit my resume because my qualifications align well with your job description. With my Master’s degree in English, secondary teaching certificate, and relevant experience, I feel confident that I am an excellent contender.
Based on my understanding of your English Teacher position, the following are some aspects of my background that seem most relevant to meet your needs:
- Prepared and imparted English language lessons using modern methods to attain the lesson objectives.
- Arranged test materials: assessed trainees’ progress and presented regular assessment reports.
- Managed, proctored, and graded written and oral performance tests.
- Conducted Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI) classes and included appropriate web-based material in the syllabus.
As an enthusiastic English Teacher, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my teaching skills and classroom management abilities in detail. I will contact you next week for a follow-up. In the meantime, I can be reached at (000) 214-4210.
Thank you for your time and consideration of my application for an English Teacher position at Anson County School.