A security guard is responsible for protecting people and property under their jurisdiction. They should be able to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
As an entry-level security guard, a job seeker will need to craft a compelling resume and a cover letter in order to apply for their first job.
Entry-level security guard resumes are challenging to write because there isn’t much experience in hand to rely on. See the following guidelines and a sample to get help.
How to Write an Entry Level Security Guard Resume with No Experience?
- Start your resume using a career objective statement.
- Highlight your core qualifications and skills.
- Provide information about relevant licensures and certifications, as well as education.
- If you have a non-relevant experience/summer internship, you should mention this experience and relate your job duties directly with the security guard job.
Sample Resume for Entry Level Level Security Guard With No Experience
53 Heatherstone Drive, Raleigh, NC 66373
abraham2 @ email.com
Seeking a position as a Security Guard with Allied Security Services utilizing skills in providing surveillance and security services to clients.
• Working knowledge of patrolling industrial, commercial and personal properties.
• Proficient in comprehending the mechanics of different types of alarms.
• Competent at performing investigations on suspected activities.
• Exceptional comprehension of keeping records and logs.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Security cameras/alarms
• Public dealing
• Intruders’ checking
• Responding to emergencies
• Performing rounds
• Logbook maintenance
North Carolina Security Guard Licensure
Current NC Driver’s license
First Aid and CPR
Graduated in 2019
COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Raleigh, NC
ABC GROCERY STORE, Raleigh, NC
Dec 2019 – May 2020
• Maintained security of cash drawer
• Kept a vigilant eye on shoplifters
• Calculated bill of customers
• Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Able to manage stressful situations with precision
• Proven ability to communicate well with people
• Excellent computer knowledge including MS Word
• Willing to work on a rotating shift
Exceptional professional references available