A security guard is responsible for protecting people and property under their jurisdiction. They should be able to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
As an entry-level security guard, a job seeker will need to craft a compelling resume and a cover letter in order to apply for their first job.
Entry-level security guard resumes are challenging to write because there isn’t much experience in hand to rely on. See the following guidelines and a sample to get help.
How to Write an Entry-Level Security Guard Resume with No Experience?
- Start your resume with a career objective statement.
- Highlight your core qualifications and skills.
- Provide information about relevant licensures and certifications, as well as education.
- If you have a non-relevant experience/summer internship, you should mention this experience and relate your job duties directly to the security guard job.
Related: Security Guard Cover Letter No Experience
Sample Resume for Entry Level Level Security Guard With No Experience
53 Heatherstone Drive
Raleigh, NC 66373
abraham2 @ email.com
Seeking a position as a Security Guard with Allied Security Services. Poised to utilize my skills in providing surveillance and security services to clients.
• Working knowledge of patrolling industrial, commercial, and personal properties.
• Proficient in comprehending the mechanics of different types of alarms.
• Competent at performing investigations on suspected activities.
• Exceptional comprehension of keeping records and logs.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Security cameras/alarms
• Public dealing
• Intruders’ checking
• Responding to emergencies
• Performing rounds
• Logbook maintenance
North Carolina Security Guard Licensure
Current NC Driver’s license
First Aid and CPR
Graduated in 2022
City School, Raleigh, NC
ABC Grocery Store, Raleigh, NC
Nov 2022 – Feb 2022
• Maintained security of the cash drawer
• Kept a vigilant eye on shoplifters
• Calculated bill of customers
• Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Able to manage stressful situations with precision
• Proven ability to communicate well with people
• Excellent computer knowledge including MS Word
• Willing to work on a rotating shift
Exceptional professional references are available