High school students are often intimidated by the task of resume writing. With no experience in hand, creating a good career objective is tricky.
The main barrier is a lack of experience. Therefore, it is important to bring all focus on the skills and personal attributes.
An objective statement for 16 years old job seeker must instill eagerness to work.
Related: 16-Year-Old Cover Letter
Since the objective is the first statement the employer will read on the resume, it is very important to build it in a meaningful and compelling manner.
Following are some workable objective examples for 16 years old resume.
Sample Objectives for 16 Years Old Resume
In today’s job market, employers prefer short, to-the-point, and targeted objective statements.
It is recommended to write a short statement containing your field of interest and one line mentioning your skills.
There are many patterns of objective statements. The simplest and perhaps the most popular style to write an objective is to mention the position being sought and one or two skills/areas of interest.
1. A highly motivated and energetic student seeking a part-time front desk position at XYZ Company. Bringing strong skills in office management, reception handling, and daily correspondence sorting.
2. Looking for a position as a teaching aide at ABC learning institute utilizing expertise in classroom assistance, student activity management, and clerical support.
3. To work for ABC Grocers’ sales department where exceptional sales acumen and convincing power could be utilized to achieve the sales targets of the company.
Another way to write an objective statement is to start with your core competencies or traits.
If you opt for this style, make sure that the traits you are mentioning in the objective are job-relevant.
4. Highly industrious and hardworking high school student gifted with executive interactive and administrative skills, seeking a clerical position with K-mart.
5. A committed and devoted individual with exceptional knowledge of modern carwashing techniques looking for part-time work in the field. Able to perform minor repairs, surface polishing, and vacuuming.
6. Self-driven and highly energetic individual with exceptional office management skills. Seeking a job shadowing experience in office assistance at NY Community College with a broader aim to contribute to the long-term goals of the organization.
One important thing in this regard is not to lose confidence in your objective statement. Make sure you are mentioning the most relevant skills with great clarity.