Your resume for antique dealer position depicts more than what you have actually written in it.
By reading a resume, a hiring manager gauges how well-organized you are, which makes it easy for him to give a verdict in your favor.
Make your resume a piece of writing which is a cut above what others will write.
Here is one to use as an example:
Antique Dealer Resume Example
7998 Teak Road| Warsaw, KY 41095 | (000) 854-5214 | ireneportman @email .com
Driven antique dealer with track record of success determining the worth of items and pricing them appropriately. A friendly and sociable individual who is known for providing customers with exceptional services, ensuring repeat business opportunities. Demonstrated ability to:
• Research avenues to acquire antique items and price them according to their worth
• Tell the difference between worthy antique items and cheap knock-offs by employing experience and exposure in the arena
• Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory services and return for additional business
• Plan and implement advertising campaigns to create awareness amongst patrons and prospective clients, about available antique pieces
|• Research||• Price Estimation||• Item Appraisal|
|• Stock Inventory||• Product Examination||• Valuation Provision|
|• Record-keeping||• Price Negotiation||• Restoration Work|
|• Insurance Liaison||• Auctioning Support||• Business Development|
• Successfully obtained a rare piece of mirror dating back to the 15th century, by employing exceptional researching skills.
• Appraised 92 rare items within a short time period of 35 days, just in time for the state’s biggest auction.
• Trained a team of auction hands to care for and carefully transport valuable items between locations.
• Sold all 500 valuable items being displayed at the Bay’s Gallery, successfully exceeding the set sales goal.
Antiques For You, Warsaw, KY | 6/2010 – Present
• Greet clients as they arrive at the store and interview them to determine their requirements
• Provide clients with information on available antique items and show them pieces in accordance to their likes
• Educate clients about the history of each piece in a bid to help them make easier decisions
• Pack and wrap purchased items with care and provide clients with information on how to care for them
• Perform research work to determine places and people where rare antiques can be obtained
• Evaluate the value and price of each antique and verify evaluated information from different sources
• Scope out and visit potential avenues such as auction houses to fulfil clients’ requirements for obtaining rare pieces
• Create and maintain inventory of available antiques and coordinate the purchase and delivery of items from third parties
The Antique Store, Warsaw, KY| 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Maintained inventory of antique items by following established protocols for safety of such items
• Assisted clients in locating their choice of items within the display area
• Wrapped and packed rare and valuable items according to provided instructions to ensure that they remain safe during transport
• Assisted in transporting rare item from the store or storage areas to galleries and auctions
• Coordinated home deliveries for clients by ensuring that time management and safety of item during transit is ensured
Warsaw High School, Warsaw, KY – 2009
High School Diploma