Building an interview winning store worker resume demands time, effort and knowhow of the industry you are applying at. Your resume is going to be read for a mere 15-20 seconds and you certainly have to strive to capture the reader’s attention with your resume during the initial 5 seconds of the manual scan your document gets.
There are two proven ways to capture the reader’s immediate attention. One is by instilling strong content skills (job related skills) in your resume summary which is the top most section after contact details. Second is through highlighting of some really standout professional achievements. Both ways entail that your brand statement and summary needs to be built smartly and after a lot of consideration since this is the first thing your prospective employer will look at in the resume.
Below is a store worker resume sample in combination format with a focused summary. Use this sample as a template to build your own.
Related: Cover Letter for Store Worker Resume
314 Rosemary Lane • Waycross, GA 54993 • 005-333–2222 • joeseph @ email . com
STORE WORKER ~ 5 YEARS
Equipped to continue excellence in store operations.
Results-driven, client-centered professional with extensive experience in retail environment. Very competent in sales, store maintenance and product stocking. Adept at receiving, evaluating, sorting, labeling and stocking merchandise. Full command over store room equipment operations including forklift and cherry picker usage. Proficient in cash handling and accurate bill generation. Proven ability to remain updated regarding all product specifications and applicable warranty offers.
|♦ Product Promotion||♦ Client Assistance||♦ Cash Drawer Operations|
|♦ Product Display||♦ Inventory Keeping||♦ Stock Maintenance|
|♦ POS Operations||♦ Billing||♦ Loading/Unloading|
|♦ Shelf Stacking||♦ Bagging||♦ Store Cleaning|
• Enhanced the store sales up till 50% through development of productive client relations
• Timely identified a damaged shipment and saved the store form a loss of up till $20K
• Up sold a cosmetic product which was not selling well for a long time by creating effective and visually appealing product displays and recommending the product to potential customers
MUDWAY GROCERS, Waycross, GA
Store Worker, 7/2011 to Present
• Greet the customers and guide them to the required section
• Brief customers regarding various products and answer their pricing queries
• Arrange all products in shelves before the store opens
• Label all products accurately and attach price tags where applicable
Bagger, 7/2009 to 6/2011
• Pack all purchases carefully as per standard operating procedures
• Guide clients regarding care and washing/cleaning precautions of the product they buy
• Ensure accurate billing and countercheck the purchased items against the generated bill
Diploma: SAINT PAUL’S CONVENT, Waycross, GA, 2009
• Multilingual: English, Spanish and French
• Load lifting ability: 60 lbs