If you are looking for a position as a receptionist, then you will need to ensure that your resume holds the pertinent information that an employer seeks in a receptionist’s resume.
It is a fact that a resume objective is what encourages (or discourages) an employer towards reading your entire resume.
Since this is the first section an employer sees, you will need to ensure it possesses receptionist savvy skills and experience.
Considering a receptionist’s work encompasses a vast array of work, a resume objective statement can possess almost anything.
Most companies rely heavily on receptionists to do their administrative work for them which is why they need to possess a personality that oozes professionalism. Ideally, these qualities need to be portrayed in a resume objective.
Here are a few examples of receptionist resume objective statements that a receptionist’s resume should contain to catch the immediate attention of hiring managers.
10 Best Sample Objectives for Receptionist Resume
1. Friendly and outgoing professional looking for a Receptionist position at General Motors. Bringing strong secretarial skills, proven commitment to providing fantastic customer service, and ability to operate a multi-line telephone system to manage the front desk operations in an efficient manner.
2. To obtain a Receptionist position with Pacific Dental Service. Utilizing exceptional customer care and clerical skills and strong expertise in performing front desk operations to manage reception tasks in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
3. Enthusiastic and committed Receptionist looking for a position at Tri-Star Engineering. Leveraging strong communication and organizational skills, and experience in front office management to coordinate the smooth operations of the company.
4. A passionate and dependable individual, seeking a Dental Receptionist position with Familia Dental. Offering exceptional customer service and communication skills, strong expertise in using PABX, and proven skills in MS Office applications to contribute to the facility’s bottom line.
5. Seeking a position as a Receptionist where expertise in greeting customers, answering phone calls, and handling mail will be fully utilized to increase the company’s client base and operational efficiency.
6. Looking for a Receptionist position at Inova Health Systems to leverage skills in assisting unit executives with administrative, clerical, and tier-1 support. Highly skilled in handling complex phone systems to ensure appropriate calls and message routing. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
7. Detail-oriented Receptionist looking for a position at Atlantis Casino Resort to utilize expertise in handling calendars, scheduling appointments, and managing minutes of the meeting.
8. Results-driven and self-reliant Receptionist poised to work for Rusnak Auto Group. Coming with exceptional skills in assisting executives with special projects, and providing them with support in administrative procedures.
9. To work as an Executive Receptionist at Core Technologies Inc. Bringing proficiency in logging and tracking daily events, providing calendar support, and managing incoming telephones and emails.
10. Well-organized, resourceful, and industrious individual looking for a Receptionist position at Colliers International. Eager to leverage skills in coordinating travel arrangements, managing schedules, providing calendar assistance, and managing correspondence.
Benefits of Adding an Objective Statement in a Receptionist Resume
An objective statement:
- Works as an icebreaking activity, making it easy for hiring managers to judge your passion.
- Provides crucial information regarding your skills and competencies to entice the recruiter to keep reading.
These are the two main benefits of writing a resume objective, but these are not it. There is more to a resume objective.
A resume that does not begin with an objective is often considered “empty” and “too abrupt.” And since your main job application document is the resume, you cannot afford to let it be ignored.
Objectives provide resumes with a direction ensuring that the most vital information is provided at the very beginning.