Today is the era of personal branding in the world of resume writing.
Personal branding refers to the process of building a branded advertisement of one’s professional profile and offering it to prospective employers during the job hunt process.
Like all professions, personal branding has gained a lot of popularity in criminal justice jobs as well.
So if you are planning to apply for the position of a police officer and you have not renovated your resume yet, then maybe it’s time to do that now.
When building your resume for criminal justice jobs, keep in mind that each candidate is unique.
The strategies that work well for someone else are not necessarily the best ones to showcase your strengths.
Choose the format according to your qualifications, selecting the ones you believe will help you in the maximum optimization of your job-relevant skills.
Following is a criminal justice resume sample for the position of a police officer.
See also: Criminal Justice Cover Letter
Criminal Justice Resume Example
4501 Freeway Ave, Tampa, FL 89901
Criminal Justice Professional
A disciplined, assertive and self-confident Police Officer serving in the field of criminal justice for 5+ years. Specially trained in proactive police patrolling and order maintenance through effective law enforcement. Substantial knowledge of local, state and federal law enforcement procedures and policies.
• Implemented an inventory based innovative system of apprehending and questioning suspects, which was later adopted by other police departments as well.
• Issued the first written manual of procedural recommendations for the facilitation of newly hired personnel.
• Participated in 3 large scale nationwide crime awareness and citizen self-protection campaigns.
• Calls responding
• Traffic management
• Surveillance operations
• Court appearance
• Record keeping
|• Liquor laws|
• Making arrests
• First aid administration
• Hostage negotiations
• Testimony deliverance
|• City ordinances|
• Booking prisoners
• Medical assistance
• Crime prevention
• Cases preparation
• Warrants execution
• Squad supervision
G4S, Tampa, FL | 2009-present
• Provide procedural recommendations to follow in case of crime
• Conduct preliminary and follow up criminal and crash scene investigations
• Assure the preservation, examination and evidence collection at the crime scene
• Ensure citizen safety and welfare by recognizing potential problems and dangerous conditions and taking appropriate action to resolve the same
• Adapt to changing field conditions
• Prepare reports, records and relevant documents on assigned shift
• Respond to emergency calls for service and provide direction and assistance during emergencies
• Exercise tact and self-restraint
Trainee Police officer
People First, Tampa, FL | 2007-2009
• Responded to security calls and resolved safety issues
• Executed warrants, issued warnings and summons
• Compiled and submitted incident reports timely
• Followed up investigations and published reports
AAS, Criminal Justice
FLORIDA COLLEGE OF JUSTICE, Tampa, FL | 2006