In order to write a professional summary statement for the receptionist’s resume, it is important that you chart out your specific skills, experiences, and accomplishments.
Highlighting these at the beginning of your resume makes sure that a hiring manager looks at your candidature with a kinder eye.
Once he is given a teaser of your capabilities in a summary, he will be forced to read the rest of the resume in detail. Or at least, call you in for an interview even without feeling the need to read the resume in detail.
Creating a functional summary statement may seem a bit cumbersome if you haven’t written one before. However, the benefits of writing one usually surpass the difficulties that it poses.
Here are 12+ examples of summary statements for a receptionist resume:
Sample Professional Summary Statement to Include in a Receptionist Resume
1. Enthusiastic, well-organized Receptionist with 8 years of hands-on experience in providing front desk service, answering multiple calls, and guiding visitors effectively. Increased the front desk efficiency of ABC Company by 100% in 6 months. Bilingual: English/Spanish. Proficient in using computers.
2. Uniquely qualified Receptionist with over 10 years of experience in the front desk and customer service arena. Highly efficient in updating appointment calendars and scheduling meetings and appointments. Best known for the following accomplishments:
- Decreased visitor flow problems by 65% by implementing a set of protocols to handle people inflow.
- Implemented a set of security procedures that increased premises safety by 45%.
3. Detail-oriented Receptionist with a high-energy background in a fast-paced corporate environment. Proficient in handling receptionist duties including customer/visitor greetings, PABX operations, and retrieval and distribution of incoming mail.
4. Self-directed, energetic, and dependable receptionist, with 11 years’ track record in file maintenance, data entry, and word processing. Competent at greeting customers and visitors and handling appointment scheduling duties.
5. Customer service-oriented and friendly Receptionist with a successful track record of managing customers and visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately. Proven ability to handle multiline telephone systems and direct calls in an efficient manner. Known to handle adverse situations with tact and professionalism. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
6. Top-performing Receptionist with 6+ years of experience working in busy tier-one capacities in fast-paced environments. Well-organized and hardworking with deep proficiency in handling paperwork and dedicated filing and record-keeping systems.
7. High-performing Receptionist with over 7 years of dedicated experience in handling first-tier services in busy multicultural settings. Competent in managing a multiline PABX system, monitoring visitor access and maintaining security awareness, scheduling appointments, and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
8. Accomplished Receptionist with solid expertise in providing both general and administrative clerical support to a busy office. Independently replaced an outdated filing and record-keeping system, with a novel one, resulting in increased efficiency in data retrieval.
9. Exceptionally talented Receptionist with a solid track record of performing clerical, administrative, and front desk work in a profound and dedicated manner. Recognized for success in organizing conferences and meetings, scheduling appointments, controlling inventory, and ensuring the easy and coordinated flow of customers and visitors.
Entry Level Receptionist Resume Summary Examples – No Experience
10. Conscientious and versatile receptionist with exceptional telephone manner, verbal and written communication skills, and customer focus. Adept at handling supply-management tasks by effectively creating and maintaining vendor relations.
11. Reliable, hardworking professional with the ability to operate multi-line telephone systems and route calls to appropriate staff members. Able to exhibit superior communication skills along with a proven ability to maintain calm during extreme pressure.
12. Highly motivated and dependable receptionist with exceptional skills in handling first contact services and managing day-to-day administrative tasks of the office. Adept at managing filing and records systems along with managing scheduling duties and supplies management.