Event planning does not merely include planning parties even though that is one very important event. Event planning includes meetings and conventions on a professional corporate level. Event planners also plan and organize social events. It does not matter what kind of an event it is, event planners need to perform a lot of work to bring together just the perfect event.
Working in virtually any sector, event planners coordinate every detail that leads up to a successful event. This may include creating programs that address the purpose and message of the organization that they are working for. For them to be able to do this, they work all odd hours of the day and are generally jacks of all trades. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are a given in this work. Careful planning, effective budgeting and developing a wide range of skills help immensely.
If you are looking for a job as an event planner, you may need to provide some skills specific to the trade.
Here are some targeted resume objectives that depict an event planner’s professional profile in terms of the knowledge, skills, and experience.
Event Planner Resume Objective Examples
• To work for Virginia Tech as an event planner utilizing my extensive skills and capabilities in liaison, budgeting, and coordination
• Event Planner position with MDE Event Planners utilizing my education in Business Management, knowledge of event-related policies and interpersonal skills
• Looking for a job of Event Planner at Nirvana Events where multi-dimensional experience and excellent organizational skills will be utilized to put together perfect corporate events
• To obtain a position as an Event Planner with Events Three Sixty where exceptional people skills and passion will put together to organize a perfect event
• Looking for an Event Planner position with Eventz. Offering excellent time management skills, flexibility and resourcefulness to organize top quality events
• Seeking a position as an Event Planner for E-Vents where I may be able to apply my exceptional communication and liaison skills to plan and execute corporate and social events