Writing a professional resume for an event planner position is essential to get an interview.
Your resume should be a one of its kind marketing document that fits perfectly with your circumstances.
So if you are applying for ten event planning jobs, you need to create different resumes as per the needs of employers.
The following example will guide you further:
Related: Cover Letter for Event Planner Resume
Sample Resume for Event Planner Position
589 Upshur Drive
Inwood, WV 25478
Bringing a track record of developing and executing meaningful events.
- A detail-oriented and organized individual with 9+ years of experience in planning, designing, and managing successful events within tight deadlines.
- Extraordinary talented in conducting market research to gather information and negotiating contracts to ensure deal closures.
- Competent at organizing facilities and coordinating all aspects of events, including décor, catering, entertainment, and promotional material.
- Proficient in publicizing events by coordinating efforts with marketing and PR departments.
- Proactively handling issues and efficiently resolving any problems on event days.
HARMAN, Inwood, WV
Aug 2015 – Present
• Successfully communicate with clients to determine their event planning needs.
• Accurately provide information regarding possible planning avenues and tools.
• Establish and operate models, procedures, and standards to support special event programs.
• Develop meeting and event strategies and perform vendor and venue procurements duties.
• Handle contract dealings, provision of services such as catering and entertainment and manage budgets.
• Direct, supervise, and assist in the development of metrics to assess the effectiveness of events planning.
• Manage and oversee the execution of delivery in sync with strategized planning.
• Ascertain that appropriate support is provided to assigned events and the completion of procurement processes.
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with venue owners, caterers, and vendors.
• Handle contract management duties by establishing terms and conditions of service providers.
• Assist in the set-up of events by ensuring the proper organization of logistics.
• Respond to on-site emergencies or problems and ensure that they are handled in a way that the function is not disturbed.
• Reorganized the market research process which brought about a 44% increase in converting leads into actual clients.
• Trained 13 assistant event coordinators in handling event set-up and tear-down activities smoothly.
Assistant Event Planner
RQUIS COMPANIES, Inwood, WV
Mar 2006 – Aug 2015
• Conferred with clients to determine their event handling needs.
• Performed market research to identify appropriate venues and event services.
• Assisted clients in deciding which services to procure depending on their budgets.
• Provided support for planning events such as weddings, parties, product launches, and corporate meetings.
• Ascertained that all logistics of each event are properly and timely coordinated.
• Kept in constant touch with the client to keep him or her updated on the progress of the event planning process.
• Handled the setting up and tearing down of events and ensured that all materials ate accounted for.
• Coordinated payments and issued accurate receipts against each service procured.
• Simultaneously planned and handled the details of 3 weddings simultaneously without any mismanagement or obvious problems.
• Reduced venue booking costs by $4000 per month by securing bulk deals with 5 famous venue owners in Inwood.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
State University, Inwood, WV – 2005
EVEN PLANNING COMPETENCIES
• Bids Solicitation
• Market Research
• Event Services Coordination
• Analyzing Event Performance
• Promotional Material Management
• Contracts/Fees Negotiation
• Calendar Maintenance
• Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Dreamweaver, Adobe, and CRM
• Social media campaigning
“Planning is the lifeblood of successful events. I know the event handling tasks to deliver excellence.”