Event Planner Resume No Experience Guidelines
Before you write a resume as an entry level event planner, take time to do a casual self-assessment on paper.
Write your relevant skills, abilities, volunteer and paid experiences and event planning projects.
Think about what you did exceptionally well, your major accomplishments, and the worth you brought to each event.
Then covert this list to bullet statements and divide into relevant sections to prepare your resume.
Take a look at the following sample entry level event planner resume that portrays a job seeker’s career profile effectively.
Event Planner Resume Sample No Experience
7 N County Road 300 E, Spring, TX 32101
To work for Nirvana Events as an Event Planner utilizing skills in planning, coordination, and implementation of external and internal events.
• 5-plus-months of experience in events planning and management
• Demonstrated ability to generate new business through different means such as cold calling and networking
• Highly skilled in promoting brand names by implementing relevant marketing programs
• Adobe Design Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, and Acrobat
• MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
• Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
• Fundraising software
• Online surveys
Events Planning Volunteer
Westport One, Spring, TX | 1/2019-5/2019
• Work with clients to assist in planning events of all types and scales
• Generate new business through networking
• Interact with customers to obtain feedback
• Ensure proper food safety and sanitation
• Integrate current trends in event design and planning
• Oversee event budgets
• Manage help for conferences
• Negotiate prices for vendors
• Assisted in planning ten large-scale promotional events for Nestle’s new products
• Formulated a management booklet that provides specific information for arrangement needs for people new to the business
Bachelor of Business Administration
The University of Texas, Spring, TX – 2019
• Major: Marketing
• Minor: Communication Studies
• GPA: 3.22
• Dean’s List
• Customer service
• Telephone etiquette
• Time management
• Budgeting and finance