Meeting planners are trained individuals who manage the different and varying aspects of a meeting or a corporate event for an organization.
They ensure that all details are taken care of in an efficient manner and that no detail is left out. They meet with different client to determine their needs for planning their meetings and provide proposals for the event.
Within an office, a meeting planner is expected to take the details of a planned event and chart out a plan to execute the meeting. This may include looking out for objectives and requirements so that each side of the meeting is covered including materials and logistics. They plan and develop programs and agendas and are expected to keep within the budget to ensure the success of each meeting.
When applying for a job in this capacity, an individual is expected to put forward his organizational skills when writing a resume. Once this is in order you can be sure of an interview. Have a look at some of the objectives we have charted out for this position.
• Energetic and resourceful Meeting Planner seeking a position with Acme Inc. Bringing a track record of arranging multiple events in accordance with clients’ needs and budget in a time efficient manner.
• Resourceful, success-driven professional looking for a Meeting Planner position at Core Technologies utilizing 3+years’ experience in registration process management, vendor selection, logistical arrangements and contract negotiation to maximize the success rate of events.
• To work for Alpha Beta Charlie as a Meeting Planner. Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships in order to bring out the best in meetings and event planning.
• Self-starter with exceptional attention to detail desires a Meeting Planner position at Baxter. Offering expertise in organizing and coordinating different aspects of a meeting in order to bring about successful corporate events.
• To obtain a Meeting Planner position at Sears Holding using superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail to engender successful corporate meetings.