A resume is an important job application document that contains information about your qualifications and experiences.
Choosing the resume format for a UPS package handler position that fits your goals and situations is important to its success.
Getting attention from potential employers is getting more and more difficult, especially if you do have not any relevant experience in hand.
Overcoming these hurdles is important if you want the prospective employer to pay you any attention.
The following package handler resume sample is written in a way that it can be used in most situations:
UPS Package Handler Resume Example
19-778 Some Street
Sandy, UT 55252
mattehanson @ email . com
Energetic | Dexterous | Driven
Detail-oriented and physically agile package handler with 11+ years’ extensive experience in sorting, lifting, and moving packages weighing between 25 and 75lbs. Known for maintaining a safe work environment by following safety policies and procedures. Exceptional communication and customer service skills, and the ability to work well collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Operating package handling machines and equipment, placing special focus on maintaining the integrity of packed items
- Properly assembling, lining and padding cartons and crates to prepare them for shipment.
- Sealing containers through appropriate use of glues and nails.
- Effectively handling fragile items and hazardous materials in a safe manner.
- Loading packages onto delivery trucks, and assisting with deliveries when required.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT EXPERTISE
- Pallet Jack
- Skate Wheel Rollers
- Dock Carts
- Unloading Devices
- Hand-Held Scanners
- Successfully sorted 75 packages by delivery addresses within the provided timeline of 2 hours.
- Implemented a packaging quality assurance plan that ensured that fragile packages were appropriately handled.
- Trained 8 other package handlers in operating postage machines, as part of their induction program.
- Introduced a series of questions answers activities, which reduced sorting problems by a staggering 65%.
UPS, Sandy, UT
May 2017 – Present
- Offload inbound mail while ensuring that it is transported to assigned sorting rooms
- Sort mail according to addresses and types and ensure that proper postage has been placed on all packages
- Check for any inaccurate information such as incorrect zip codes to ensure that sorting work is carried out with accuracy
- Examine outgoing packages for damage and ensure that proper measures are taken to handle the situation
- Assemble, line and pad cartons and containers that are supposed to hold fragile items and ensure that they are packed properly
- Place containers on conveyor belts to ensure that they reach loading docks on time
- Load outgoing packages onto trucks and ensure that they are properly piled up
- Ensure that all correlating documents are properly maintained in the company’s database system
Package Handler Assistant
Sandy Mailroom, Sandy, UT
Sep 2010 – May 2017
- Assisted in unloading incoming mail from delivery trucks in a safe manner
- Sorted mail by zip codes and placed them in appropriate piles
- Ensured that all packages and documents were properly stamped and addressed
- Loaded prepared mail onto trucks and ensured that fragile packages are properly stacked
- Cleaned and maintained the mailroom according to facility standards
High School Diploma
Sandy High School, Sandy, UT
– Carton Assembly
– Container Examination
– Fragile Items Handling
– Loading Dock Maintenance
– Distribution Protocols
– Mis-sorting Prevention
– Warehouse Operations
– Distribution Procedures
– Postage Determination
– Workplace Safety